Author Topic: Baker's brag  (Read 8729 times)

Sarah

Re: Baker's brag
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
I wiki'd it, son.  You think I'd bother to transcribe that list?  (I've also never had Cool Whip in my fridge and have probably consumed it only thrice in my life, the last time when I was twelve or so, many decades ago).

JamesfromSouthEastPa

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Thanks for setting me straight mom. The next time I make Whipped cream, I will not accidentally refer to it as "Home Made Cool Whip"  Chill out dude. I mean Ma'am, what is the female version of dude? That's something I'm honestly interested in finding out.  Is it Dud'et? Either way, since you were mean to me, I'm not going to share my Homemade Pumpkin Pie and Cool Whip with you now.  HA
10,9,8, 76ers!!!

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
I love that you called it "Home made Cool Whip"!  There are people who have never had real home made whipped cream, and know none other than Cool Whip.  They also do not know what they are missing.
Next time you whip the cream, try adding unsweetened cocoa powder with the confectioners sugar, for a chocolate version.  Also, chill the bowl and the beaters in the freezer before you whip, it goes faster and makes a sturdier whipped cream, and if you are using a mixer, do it on high speed, (watch out for splashing). 
Did you cook a fresh pumpkin for the pie? If not, next time try a baked fresh cooking-pumpkin (not the jack-o-latern type) for a much lighter pie, and you only need 2 cups of mashed pumpkin for a pie. 
Doing your own baking is a great way to eat healthier and avoid processed junk foods.  The only thing I think one can not make at home is Malted Milk Balls, the candy.

Sarah

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 06:45:53 PM »
Thanks for setting me straight mom. The next time I make Whipped cream, I will not accidentally refer to it as "Home Made Cool Whip"  Chill out dude. I mean Ma'am, what is the female version of dude? That's something I'm honestly interested in finding out.  Is it Dud'et? Either way, since you were mean to me, I'm not going to share my Homemade Pumpkin Pie and Cool Whip with you now.  HA

Go to hell, punk.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »
A spoonful of palm oil makes the medicine go down, makes the medicine go down

You people are a bunch of real hippie downers.  Why don't you go Occupy a Mixing Bowl? 

- Love, The High-Fructose Corn Oil/Hydrogenated (and Partially-Hydrogenated) Vegetable Oil Industries
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
Go to hell, punk.

JamesfromSouthEastPa

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »
Dear ~L,

Thanks for the advice! I did chill my bowl and whisk in the freezer before use, and it worked very well. That's a great idea about the cocoa powder! I'm definitely going to try it some time! Unfortunately, I didn't use a fresh pumpkin. I used caned pumpkin from my local health food store. But, I'm sure a fresh pumpkin would of made it better!  ;D

Today I made some "Buckeyes" for those who aren't familiar, they're peanut butter balls dipped in dark chocolate. Can somebody say yum-o!  :o
10,9,8, 76ers!!!

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
I like to support everyone's efforts at DIY baking!  The "Buckeyes" sound delicious! Tonight I made real Hot Fudge sauce with one of my teenage sons, and it was great over Vanilla Haagen-Dazs (as my ice cream machine is still busted!)

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 01:29:57 AM »
Got into cooking more this year and was really happy with the polenta stuffing I made for Thanksgiving. I browsed a few recipes to get ideas for non-typical ingredients, but ended up just improvising it in the end. I went back and wrote it all down in recipe format & gonna try to post it to Epicurious.

Another thing I did for Thanksgiving: cannabis butter baked into homemade Almond Joy bars. Got pretty blown out.

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
Just finished making Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes, which I am bringing tonight to the Best Show Marathon for all the lovely vegans there.  Be sure to call in your pledge. Secret icing ingredient, Organic Vanilla Vodka!

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 09:16:20 PM »
Peppermint Patty Brownies, made with 2 and a half bags of peppermint patties (left over from our hurricane storm cancelled Halloween) .  It's the Hershey's recipe off the internet. Layer of brownie batter, peppermint patties, layer of brownie batter, then bake it!