Author Topic: I'm the fake Gary Puckett  (Read 1822 times)

BMin

• Plantar Fasciitis
I'm the fake Gary Puckett
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »
Hi everybody!

My name is Brian, I started listening last summer and can't get enough Best Show related stuff. I started a fake Gary Puckett twitter account @GPuckettSoReal in August after listening to the Best Show Gem titled The Sleaziest Rocker of All Time. Its been an inside joke between my friends and I, and I had been signing into it very sporadically, but two weeks ago Tom stumbled on a joke that I wrote during a call made by Coco from The Ettes (I did tag it with @scharpling, so I don't know if stumbled is the right word). Tom mentioned fake Gary Puckett on the air, Ted Leo retweeted me, Julie Klausner started following the account, and next thing you know there's all kinds of FOT's following this thing. Maggie from Brooklyn even published a few things I sent her for her amazing blog: Daily Urban Legend. Its been fun and exciting, and I really appreciate the positive attention I've been getting. I can't wait to start participating in these forums, FOT's truly are some of the best people in the world.

Brian from Boise
Z'dar-dar. Its like a radar that detects Robert Z'dar.