Author Topic: How Does This Make You Feel?  (Read 9836 times)

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
Re: How Does This Make You Feel?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 03:26:16 PM »

The last time I tried to check, about 3 years back, I estimated that I had seen approximately 8000 films. Someday I will make a list. Of course.

I made a list last year. By the end of the year I had watched 635 films. I decided that this year I would a) not make a list and b) not watch as many films.

The trailer for Mr Popper's Penguins is awful, and I am someone who will give Carrey the benefit of the doubt. It may however be a film that I am forced to see, if my niece picks it for her next cinema visit.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
Aren't The Wedding Singer and Funny People supposed to be OK? Never saw 'em. Diidn't hate 'em. (As opposed to the rest of his ouevre excluding PDL: Never saw 'em. Hated 'em.)

Wedding Singer was cute enough.   I'd give it a 11.1/14.2.

And Funny People had some promise, and delivered with a few nice sequences... but then dragged on a bit too long.  More like a  6.4/9.7 for that one.

Liked FUNNY PEOPLE, but no movie starring Seth Rogen and Sadam Sandler needs to be 3 hours long.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 01:00:33 AM »
Sadam Sandler

That's either a Spike nickname or an obscure Jodorowsky film.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
I saw the trailer for this at X-Men: First Class.  It's got a nutshot AND a bathtub fart, in case you didn't already know everything you need to know about it.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
Sadam Sandler

It's just a typo, but Spike can use it if he wants it.

Sandler was in my hometown last week making a movie. Know what I learned about film making? That they erect these black screens so that passerby can't see anything. It makes sense that they'd do that, but it still annoyed me.

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
Sadam Sandler

It's just a typo, but Spike can use it if he wants it.

Sandler was in my hometown last week making a movie. Know what I learned about film making? That they erect these black screens so that passerby can't see anything. It makes sense that they'd do that, but it still annoyed me.

I lived in Vancouver for 4 years or so in the late 90's/early oughts, and since it's the popular stand in for, well, just about any town you can think of when they can't shoot on location, I've seen some pretty ridiculous stuff as far as movie/tv shooting goes.
My favorite was the giant rain machines.  The amount of water they would release was mind boggling.  And they'd usually be running them in the rain, since this was Vancouver.
Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic