Author Topic: The Wedding of Bossk  (Read 3479 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
The Wedding of Bossk
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
Tom mentioned this a few weeks back.  I have a vague memory of having heard of this before, but I can't find it online.

Help me FOT-Biwan Kenobis.  You're my only hope.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: The Wedding of Bossk
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »
Actually, it was just Dengar.  I should have known.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dengar

Boba Fett was best man at Dengar's wedding.  Of course.  Why couldn't we tell that from Dengar's 6 second appearance in the one movie?

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
I'm going to put it out there and possibly embarrass myself.  I have a paperback version of "Tales of the Bounty Hunters".  The story of IG-88 is bone chillingly awesome dumb.

Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
This Star Wars wiki is awesome.  Who knew there were so many fake characters not to care about?  George Lucas could happily write wooden, quasi-racist dialogue for these dorky aliens forever and not touch most of them.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
I don't know what it means that Dengar has more words devoted to him than Kid Jersey does, but I don't like it.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
I actually really like the Star Wars wiki. I'm impressed people have taken something so dumb and gone to so much effort to work out the timelines and backstories and histories and so on. It's almost like the Star Wars movies themselves were just crappy Michael Bay movies about interesting stuff that really happened, like Pearl Harbor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
Ace did nothing.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
Apropos of nothing, yesterday I saw a kid wearing a Boba Fett helmet run up to a neighbor's mom.  The mom said, without knowing there was a problem with it, "Hey! It's Jabba the Fett!"  Two thumbs up.  Anyone who knows that little about the Star Wars universe is alright by me.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
I'm going to put it out there and possibly embarrass myself.  I have a paperback version of "Tales of the Bounty Hunters".  The story of IG-88 is bone chillingly awesome dumb.

Who on earth came up with that one?  I've seen that in a few places, how IG-88A made the other three IG-88s and then made one of them a bounty hunter to "distract attention" from his plans to take over the universe for droids.  And how he uploaded his consciousness into the second Death Star, so what was actually destroyed was NOT the Emperor's plan to control the universe, but the plan of the doppleganger for a robot seen in a 6-second scene in the previous movie.

I can do fanboy, but not for this junk.

My verdict on Star Wars is: I greatly enjoyed the first three movies when I was a kid.  I hated the last three.  All the fun was gone and the dumb parts were even dumber.

Sarah

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »
I saw the original in a movie theater when it came out and liked it so much I saw it again the next day.  I haven't really liked any of the rest of them, although the prequels are certainly the worst of the lot.