Author Topic: "I'm not a racist, but..."  (Read 5902 times)

Sarah

Re: "I'm not a racist, but..."
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »
This thread makes me think of a nonexistent PSA that begins, "I'm not a racist, but I played one on TV."  Perhaps starring Carroll O'Connor.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
Sarah Silverman.  Or is she?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:15:55 AM »
This thread makes me think of a nonexistent PSA that begins, "I'm not a racist, but I played one on TV."  Perhaps starring Carroll O'Connor.

or the guy that played Schillenger on OZ

can't help but think of him as a NeoNazi. Which was about the most interesting thing about Spiderman for me (he played JJJ).

Sarah

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »
And he's even still alive, which might be helpful.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 10:27:46 AM »
Another phrase that often latches on to stupidity is "I'm just saying."  Those might be the three emptiest words in the English language.

The phrase "I'm not saying...I'm just saying" annoys me to no end.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »
Also, in perusing that page, I noticed that an overwhelming amount of those comments came from what appeared to be young people.

If this is really the future of America, then maybe it's time for me to move to Canada.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
Im not racist but i own a bar called "Massas Tavern".

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
I don't think it ever came up during any actual Leave It To Beaver episodes, but I always assumed the character of Fred Rutherford was probably a huge racist.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »
He wasn't saying anyhing offensive but I was talking to a blind friend of mine and he was telling me about an incedent he had with someone who was also at the event. And he motioned like he was looking to his left and right to see if she was around before he leaned in and whispered something to me. I thought it was hilarious. He did it as sort of a joke but I was so curious how he knew about that motion.

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »
@Sarah: You are right about the awkward and clumsy part, and I'd never give the caller a hard time about it, I'm very forgiving.