Author Topic: Hello from Luke From Portland  (Read 1914 times)

Luke From Portland

• Plantar Fasciitis
Hello from Luke From Portland
« on: July 03, 2011, 10:02:14 PM »
Hello friends, Luke from Portland here, just wanted to say hello.  I started listening to TBS a couple months ago, really love Tom's impression of Garrison Keillor!

I have been a fan of talk radio since I was a child, I used to listen to the CBS Radio Mystery Theater show when I was really young, I loved Paul Harvey, and when I got into college I discovered Art Bell.  I'm ashamed to admit I liked Mark and Brian and even listened to the Adam Carolla radio show when it was on.  I listened to the Adam Carolla podcast until I grew tired of his rants.  I discovered WFMU about a year ago, discovered Aerial View with Chris T, then The Dusty Show with Clay Pigeon, then The Best Show.  I can honestly say that WFMU has opened me up to some great music and comedy. 

I totally empathize with Tom when he rants about Adam Carolla, the guy is pretty dim, he did have a sports caster on his show named Dave Damasheck, who I found quite funny. 

I really love Tom's confidence, I love to hear him talk about the show, like "Of course it's the best show, I've been telling you this for years!!!"  It's like, stick with what you love, even if it drives you crazy, and keep working at it no matter what. 

I love living in Portland, I've been here for almost 20 years, have lived in Oregon my entire life.  I'm a 40 year old married guy, work 40 hours a week, have played in bands and continue to play in bands for over 20 years, I'm a drummer, love garage rock and soundtrack music from the '60s.

It's a pleasure to meet you all, I really really love the show!

- Luke. 

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Hello from Luke From Portland
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »
Oregon ranks up there with Utah as one of the most beautiful states.  Welcome, Luke.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Luke From Portland

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:27:59 PM »
Thanks Buffcoat, yeah, Oregon rocks.  And Portland just rocked a little harder this weekend, totally forgot that Tom was here filming the Wild Flag video, my friend Craig offered up his garage for them to spray paint, got pictures with Tom and everything.  Looking forward to seeing the video.  I was going to offer up my driveway but we don't really live in a suburban area. 

I've only been to Salt Lake City a couple time, just passing through, my old band toured through there, we played a pizza parlor and another time we played some cement structure, like a bunker of some sorts.  Would have loved to have spent more time there. 

Are you from there?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
Thanks Buffcoat, yeah, Oregon rocks.  And Portland just rocked a little harder this weekend, totally forgot that Tom was here filming the Wild Flag video, my friend Craig offered up his garage for them to spray paint, got pictures with Tom and everything.  Looking forward to seeing the video.  I was going to offer up my driveway but we don't really live in a suburban area. 

I've only been to Salt Lake City a couple time, just passing through, my old band toured through there, we played a pizza parlor and another time we played some cement structure, like a bunker of some sorts.  Would have loved to have spent more time there. 

Are you from there?

No, I'm from North Carolina.  I've just spent a lot of time visiting the states - southern Utah is just amazing in a non-Oregon way.  You should check out all the National Parks down there before they close them and sell them off.

I spent 4 days driving up the Oregon coast in the late 90s and was amazed at how beautiful it was the way the giant trees come right up to the craggy cliffs that look out over the ocean.  It's no wonder that Oregon has started specializing in making Scottish-style links golf courses.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!