Author Topic: Suits  (Read 1109 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Suits
« on: July 08, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
I like this show, as I like most of USA's hour long dramedies.

I think I like this one a little more than the others.  It reminds me a bit of Profit, which was a show that I really liked.  I like that Harvey only sort of has a heart of gold.

People run USA's stuff down as surface and simplistic.  I like the snappy dialogue.  Hell, I love Deadwood and Mad Men and the Sopranos, too.  A balanced palate, ladies and gents.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: Suits
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
I like this show, as I like most of USA's hour long dramedies.

I think I like this one a little more than the others.  It reminds me a bit of Profit, which was a show that I really liked.  I like that Harvey only sort of has a heart of gold.

People run USA's stuff down as surface and simplistic.  I like the snappy dialogue.  Hell, I love Deadwood and Mad Men and the Sopranos, too.  A balanced palate, ladies and gents.

Bingo.

Television would get boring after awhile if every show had the same depth and complexity as Mad Men or The Wire. Sometimes, mindless entertainment isn't necessarily a bad thing.

WRT your first point, I'll say this: I don't like everything USA airs. But shows like Psych, Burn Notice, and White Collar are quality TV programs. Well-written, well-acted, and well-produced. Overall, I'd say that USA has filled the "quirky" niche very well.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »
It all started with some detective show named after a famous jazz musician, right?  Thelonious?

I like that show.  I wonder if the people responsible for it are doing anything now.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
It all started with some detective show named after a famous musician, right?  Thelonious?

Monster!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."