Author Topic: A friend of ours stopped by, Mike  (Read 4794 times)

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
A friend of ours stopped by, Mike
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: A friend of ours stopped by, Mike
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:51 AM »
Nice!
See God, Kai

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:33:01 AM »
Anyone want to share with me who these people are? You can PM me if it's some kind of secret.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
I believe the gentleman on the left played Furio on The Sopranos.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:40:50 AM »
And the other one is Smelodies himself.
But did you ask him what he really thought of those hats they made on Celebrity Apprentice or by what kind of criteria he judged the hats?

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 06:45:44 AM »
I figured that was Smelodies but didn't want to be hasty.

Wouldn't it have been nice if he'd been wearing LaToya Jackson's hat?

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 06:59:25 AM »
I figured that was Smelodies but didn't want to be hasty.

Wouldn't it have been nice if he'd been wearing LaToya Jackson's hat?
That would impede the free fall of his luscious mane. But it would have been, to say it with Todd Barry,  ay-dora-blay.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:41:37 AM »
That guy screwed my wife!

Smelodies

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
I told him I look forward to when Chase gathers them all together for the feature film, and he smiled and nodded (knowingly).

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »
That dude used to be an illustrator and would hang out with my dad (also an illustrator) in the early 80s, when I was like 10 or 11. He came over for dinner once or twice. I forgot all about him until The Sopranos, and when he showed up it freaked me out. Though not as much as the time THE SAME EXACT THING (kind of) happened with Ron Jeremy.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »
Though not as much as the time THE SAME EXACT THING (kind of) happened with Ron Jeremy.
Come on, you can't tease a story like this and then not give the details. "Kind of" in what way?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »
Though not as much as the time THE SAME EXACT THING (kind of) happened with Ron Jeremy.
Come on, you can't tease a story like this and then not give the details. "Kind of" in what way?

I feel like I beat this story to death -- I've probably told it 3 or 4 times on this board alone. But I guess there are enough new FOT around who haven't heard it, so...

My aunt (dad's side) dated Ron Jeremy in (I think) 1980. He had Christmas dinner with us, either at my grandparents' or at another aunt's house. I was 9 and he was another boring adult, and I forgot all about it -- until a few years later, when some kid swiped a whole bunch of X-Rated VHS tapes from his dad and 6 or 7 of us sat around watching them. Of course everyone commented about Ron Jeremy when he came on, because he's Ron Jeremy, and I had this crazy moment where I felt like I knew him from my childhood. I wasn't about to say anything for fear of earning one more reason for people to make fun of me for the rest of high school, so I chalked it up to a weird dream or something. But then, a few years ago, RJ had become a crossover celebrity and my parents told me all  about it.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »

I feel like I beat this story to death -- I've probably told it 3 or 4 times on this board alone. But I guess there are enough new FOT around who haven't heard it, so...

My aunt (dad's side) dated Ron Jeremy in (I think) 1980. He had Christmas dinner with us, either at my grandparents' or at another aunt's house. I was 9 and he was another boring adult, and I forgot all about it -- until a few years later, when some kid swiped a whole bunch of X-Rated VHS tapes from his dad and 6 or 7 of us sat around watching them. Of course everyone commented about Ron Jeremy when he came on, because he's Ron Jeremy, and I had this crazy moment where I felt like I knew him from my childhood. I wasn't about to say anything for fear of earning one more reason for people to make fun of me for the rest of high school, so I chalked it up to a weird dream or something. But then, a few years ago, RJ had become a crossover celebrity and my parents told me all  about it.

I appreciate that you told the story again.

Phantom Hugger

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 11:50:07 PM »
And the other one is Smelodies himself.
But did you ask him what he really thought of those hats they made on Celebrity Apprentice or by what kind of criteria he judged the hats?

I think he judged them by whether or not there was a bee on them.

Remember it.