Author Topic: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.  (Read 57371 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
The reason for the ban is a lot of the regular callers started taking ownership of the show, and the show was suffering for it. I'd say at least half of you are collateral damage.  So look inside yourself and figure out which you are. If you're the former, learn from it, if you're the latter, don't worry about it.  But everyone should stop taking it so goddamn personally.
There's a reason I've only called one and a half times in three plus years.

Also, Greggulator, I love the new you, however, you wouldn't stand a chance against the easy charm of The Southern Gentlemen. What they do is effortless.

betheboy

« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »
Wally's call was excruciating at times, but hearing Tom say "Smoke a joint" was maybe the funniest thing in the history of the program.

I agree, "smoke a joint, do some blow" was a wonderful out of left field moment that seemed to confuse Wally.

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Someone ge JJ Dillon and Jack Tunney on the phone: I wanna see The Southern Gentlemen vs The Nation of Greggulation top spot on the card.

NoG 4 Life.

Sarah

« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2011, 02:34:45 PM »
That Tom suggested doing cocaine as a way to calm down is testament to his drug-free status.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2011, 02:52:52 PM »
That Tom suggested doing cocaine as a way to calm down is testament to his drug-free status.

...or his comic genius.
See God, Kai

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »
Darth Greg is mauling the competition again. I think Tom and all The Banned should go for one last Friendly's  visit and settled all issues.
Menu: http://www.friendlys.com/menu/
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Sarah

« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »

...or his comic genius.

Jeez, Mike, I was trying to help promote the family-friendly image.  Now you've introduced doubt into the punters' minds.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2011, 05:57:09 PM »
As much as I want to say that Wally's feltdown merits a ban reset, it was oddly compelling and, in a weird way, the best call of the night; I say the ban should be left alone. I think Wally should, however, be forced to undergo some sort of humiliating experience as punishment for almost screwing over the other regulars. I suggest a 20 minute on-air Don Rickles-style roasting given by AP Mike and other Massa's regulars.

I am one week away from my ban being lifted. There would be no person who "suffers" the most if the ban is reset.  However, I support the ban reset. The rules are the rules. I called in and STEPPED UP. I talked the talk and then walked the walked.  No one forced MiddleBro/Wally to call in. He came in with some sort of prepared response to my call and failed. Thus, a lesson should be learned via harsh discipline.

I don't think any "harsh discipline" would be necessary.  There are the previously stated consequences, and that is enough.  Wally didn't get nearly through all he wanted to say, as Tom could not get past the seeming issues with the voice and/or phone.  I don't fault him for this, but I'm just pointing it out.  If Wally said it all, and it was still regarded as a flameout, I'd hear you differently.  I have to agree with others who recognize the call for what it is.  We will see Tom's final ruling when he chooses to let us know.  You are really not nearly as great a caller as you'd like to believe due to one single call with a real message, amongst a sea of duds.

-Zach (Big Z)

Kormod

« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »
As much as I want to say that Wally's feltdown merits a ban reset, it was oddly compelling and, in a weird way, the best call of the night; I say the ban should be left alone. I think Wally should, however, be forced to undergo some sort of humiliating experience as punishment for almost screwing over the other regulars. I suggest a 20 minute on-air Don Rickles-style roasting given by AP Mike and other Massa's regulars.

I am one week away from my ban being lifted. There would be no person who "suffers" the most if the ban is reset.  However, I support the ban reset. The rules are the rules. I called in and STEPPED UP. I talked the talk and then walked the walked.  No one forced MiddleBro/Wally to call in. He came in with some sort of prepared response to my call and failed. Thus, a lesson should be learned via harsh discipline.

I don't think any "harsh discipline" would be necessary.  There are the previously stated consequences, and that is enough.  Wally didn't get nearly through all he wanted to say, as Tom could not get past the seeming issues with the voice and/or phone.  I don't fault him for this, but I'm just pointing it out.  If Wally said it all, and it was still regarded as a flameout, I'd hear you differently.  I have to agree with others who recognize the call for what it is.  We will see Tom's final ruling when he chooses to let us know.  You are really not nearly as great a caller as you'd like to believe due to one single call with a real message, amongst a sea of duds.

-Zach (Big Z)

The puppet just needed more time to get across his points? I'm trying to remain a Wally fan, but it's getting hard.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
A nWo style organization versus Southern Gentleman feud would be EPIC.
Ya'll hear that boys?
He's right, if by epic he means "would last as long as the epic rock song Stairway to Heaven." It would take longer to mop up the ring when it was over than it would to mop up those kids.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »

-Zach (Big Z)

The puppet just needed more time to get across his points? I'm trying to remain a Wally fan, but it's getting hard.

It's not about more time, as relates to the actual length of the call, as it took place.  I'm just saying it would have been maybe different if Wally got through everything, to see final reactions from the masses, as opposed to how it went, with the voice/phone issues getting in the way.

-Zach (Big Z)

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »
You are really not nearly as great a caller as you'd like to believe due to one single call with a real message, amongst a sea of duds.

-Zach (Big Z)

Whoa, when did this place turn into fotchan?
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »
A nWo style organization versus Southern Gentleman feud would be EPIC.
Ya'll hear that boys?
He's right, if by epic he means "would last as long as the epic rock song Stairway to Heaven." It would take longer to mop up the ring when it was over than it would to mop up those kids.

*The Alabammy Comet, roused from his nap on the front porch of the cabin, lifts his straw hat from his face. A few seconds later he gently smiles, shakes his head, puts the hat back over his eyes and commences snoring.*
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2011, 04:49:06 AM »

Wally didn't get nearly through all he wanted to say,
   -Zach (Big Z)

Seriously guy, stop acting like the Puppet is a real person. I'm starting to be concerned that you have some kind of borderline split personality thing going on. We all know it's you with your hand inside a puppet. It creeps me out when you try to pretend that Wally is alive in some human like way.

Also, learn to roll with the jokes, I feel like you take a lot of the comments on here way too seriously. You maybe don;t need to respond to each and every one? Isn't your puppet act supposed to be comedy?

Look, I don't mean to be rude, you seem like a good guy and all but seriously chill out. You've hosted the shown for goodness sake. You're known to the FOTs (and beyond.) The ban will eventually be lifted and when it does you'll be all free to call in as often as you need to.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"