Author Topic: There should be a meet up in Portland, OR!  (Read 3138 times)

kaylacronenbold

• Plantar Fasciitis
There should be a meet up in Portland, OR!
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
just saying...

adamfromohio

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: There should be a meet up in Portland, OR!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:02:49 PM »
I'd be down for this.  There have to be some some FOTs hiding around here.

I'll be at The Ettes show tonight if anyone is going...

dudep

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »
I haven't heard anything else about it, but there is apparently a listening party happening here at the end of the month.

kaylacronenbold

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Oh okay cool. Thanks.

matthensley

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
someone should make a facebook event for this thing, spread the word

sweetjimmyt

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »
Hey Everyone! 
     My friend Greg and I have organized a listening party on September 27th, at The Waypost: 3120 North Williams Avenue, Portland, OR.  It is a great cozy, friend-owned bar, and they have lots of food and beer choices. There is an outside patio as well, so we're going to have the show blasting in both areas. It'll even be happy hour from 6-7. We are taking a bit of a gamble, because Tom hasn't confirmed that he'll be doing the show that night, but we'll cross our fingers.  He's had a rough week and half.  If it's a fill in, we'll probably just watch the pledge drive DVD on the projector, and reschedule for a later show. We hope everyone can come out, and have a good time.  It'll be nice to connect with all the Portland F.O.T's
Here is a link to the facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149954095092031

Here's a link to the Waypost's event calendar: http://thewaypost.com/

We are also thinking of burning a silkscreen with a shirt design.  You'll have to bring your own shirt, though.  I'll let everyone know if that's happening. Feel free to post with any and all ideas. Thanks.

Abe

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
I am the new manager/booker at the Mt. Tabor Theater, and am open to setting something up in our Sideshow Lounge as well in case folks wanted to rotate around to different venues.  www.thetabor.com

sweetjimmyt

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:09:21 PM »
Hey Abe, 
     Your venue is across town from the Waypost, and our goal is to try and get as many FOT's in one spot as possible so we can all meet each other. It might be too confusing to have two different locations for the same show. Unless I read your post wrong, and you were offering up the Sideshow as another listening spot as a later date. Either way, we hope to see you on the 27th!
-JIm

Abe

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 01:50:36 AM »
yeah, I meant just tossing my hat in the ring for different (not competing) dates.

quetong

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »
Hey - My names is James - i was thrilled when i heard the call on best show that this is happening. stupidly, i scheduled a class tuesday evenings this term, which starts monday... duh, what was i thinking? ends at 6 so I'll try to make it after that. are you guys really screen-printing shirts? if so, I'll bring one.

sweetjimmyt

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 01:36:56 AM »
WE REALLY ARE!!!!!!  -Jim