Author Topic: Turntable help  (Read 847 times)

Gilly

• Space Champion!
Turntable help
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:43:31 AM »
I know there are some DJs and turntable enthusiasts here so I thought I'd ask here for some help. I have a Technics 1200 MKII and the red RCA cable stopped working- I know it's just the cable because the white cable works fine in the same port. I'm going to get it fixed by a repairman but I don't have time for the next couple weeks and am wondering if there is a quick fix? I thought it would be easy, take another RCA cable, cut it off, cut the Technics cable and strip the wires and twist them together- of course both the outer cable and the center cable. This didn't work. I can hear faint music coming out now but it's very faint. Any ideas?

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Turntable help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
I don't think there'll  be a quick fix for that issue. It seems like there is a problem at the root of the connect (where the white cord meets the turntable).

Gilly

• Space Champion!
Re: Turntable help
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »
Think so? The only reason I don't is because it has been going out for a couple months but unplugging and plugging back in the white phono plug brought sound back and then went out again a few hours later... Which makes me think it's just the lead but I don't know.