Author Topic: I am the Dave From Knoxville doppelgänger!  (Read 2710 times)

Lee Danger

• Plantar Fasciitis
I am the Dave From Knoxville doppelgänger!
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:07:27 AM »
  Hi, everybody!  Just wanted to let everyone, especially Tom, know that I'm not Dave from Knoxville, just an accidental sound-alike.  I JUST re-listened to the part of the Show I was in(Lee from Burbank, the Wayne Knight lookalike) to make sure my phone wasn't too crappy to ever call in again, and heard that there was some speculation as to my identity.  Speculation that may cause undue stress for The Man From Knoxville.  It really was my first call(into anything.  Ever.) and my nerves may have affected my cadence.  I was born and raised in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and lived there for my first 24 years, so I don't know how our voices ended up sounding similar, but there you are.  I sincerely apologize for not clearing this up sooner.  I hope my future calls are less... controversial? 

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: I am the Dave From Knoxville doppelgänger!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:42:22 AM »
  Hi, everybody!  Just wanted to let everyone, especially Tom, know that I'm not Dave from Knoxville, just an accidental sound-alike.  I JUST re-listened to the part of the Show I was in(Lee from Burbank, the Wayne Knight lookalike) to make sure my phone wasn't too crappy to ever call in again, and heard that there was some speculation as to my identity.  Speculation that may cause undue stress for The Man From Knoxville.  It really was my first call(into anything.  Ever.) and my nerves may have affected my cadence.  I was born and raised in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and lived there for my first 24 years, so I don't know how our voices ended up sounding similar, but there you are.  I sincerely apologize for not clearing this up sooner.  I hope my future calls are less... controversial?

Hah! I didn't get to listen live, so this is something to look forward to. I honor the ban!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
Wow, that guy does sound a lot like me. Poor guy. Jeez, and I AM A FAT GUY WITH GLASSES. Thankfully, while I am fat, I look nothing like Wayne Knight. It wasn't me, though. Honest injun. And I am one, you know?

Lee Danger

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »
Dave, I think those who've heard you more than once realize that you're the LAST guy to try and pull one over on Tom, or anybody for that matter.  Honestly, I pretty much started this thread in a panic, not wanting my first call to result in six more months tacked on to the regulars' sentences.  And FYI, I don't look like Wayne Knight either, but that lady thought I did, despite my red hair and youthful appearance.  My avatar with the laser eyes is actually what I look like(sans lasers).  So, do you and I look alike, as well as sound alike?

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:42:23 PM »
Lee, I think we need to know how old you are and if you know your dad.

Depending on your answer, we're going to need to know about Dave's wild years

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »
Lee, I think we need to know how old you are and if you know your dad.

Depending on your answer, we're going to need to know about Dave's wild years

Never could stand that dog.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 12:19:31 PM »
There's also this http://www.myspace.com/vesselknoxville1980s

Apologies to people who are tired of this

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Dave, I had no idea you were in a band with Ronnie Dobbs (far right).

Lee Danger

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »
I'm actually a perfect amalgam of both my parents, except with the red hair they grew out of.  And my Dad has looked for most of his life like Paul Rudd in "Anchorman".  It's uncanny.