Author Topic: Beard Wars  (Read 1821 times)

smirky

• Plantar Fasciitis
Beard Wars
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Beard Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »
A point that I've been meaning to throw out for a while came up RE the guy from Humboldt Co. who earned his beard & will shave it anyway - ladies don't enjoy beard burn.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
A point that I've been meaning to throw out for a while came up RE the guy from Humboldt Co. who earned his beard & will shave it anyway - ladies don't enjoy beard burn.

This is something that baffles me. I have never tried to grow a beard and I am 25. Girls always say they don't like stubble and beard brush yet these hipsters with beards get the girls ALL THE TIME. Bearded jerks remain the biggest competions for average folks in the dating scene. Beards, bikes, bands and unemployment attract all the cute hipster girls.

spruce

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
As a long-time beardo, I can tell you that there's a period of 'sharpness' after you shave, or even get a trim, that is harsh for kissing. It lasts a week or two and then the beard hair softens somewhat and doesn't cause very much, if any, irritation. I have a pretty coarse beard, too, speaking for myself.

The key to getting your significant other to like your beard, I've found, is to have it for a very long time. Then you shave it all off suddenly, and your partner is horrified by the freakish stranger that's suddenly standing before them. They'll be very happy when the beard grows back. Sometimes known as the 'Will Riker Effect' so named for the queasy reaction one gets when they see the shaven Riker from season one of Star Trek The Next Generation after becoming comfortable with the bearded version.