Author Topic: The Other Board...  (Read 7613 times)

bibi from vegas

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Other Board...
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 11:37:52 PM »
jULIE k is kinda dull and on here a lot'
[and she doesn't savvy Boardwalk Empire.....sez more about her than she's willing2admit].
Ain't the first time, won't be the last...

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »
Julie -

Thanks for writing. You're a good person and I sincerely appreciate your honesty - you are the only person associated with Chinatown not to equivocate about how the place can be hurtful to some people. I would love it if you would continue to be a part of the show.

Tom.

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
Thank you, Tom.

I appreciate what you said a lot. I'm glad you will take care of yourself and I understand why you acted the way you did. It's not my place to speak for anyone else, but other people are very sorry and they are definitely hurt by this, too. Obviously, there are a lot of things I don't know and don't understand, but I hope it makes some difference to you that a group of vipers isn't waiting to attack you. People genuinely care about you. It's not because you are funny, but you really are a good person and people know that.

Sincerely,

Julie
I have a long history of booing

RonJon

• Policemans heel
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »
I never post here.  I often don't even come here.  But, I was quite intrigued by Tom's twitter postings last week.  I've been listening to the show since I was in college, in the early aughts, and I'm really glad I've simply kept to the show.  Tom has created a body of work that is rivaled by few: all the while on a listener supported radio station with a non-existent hype machine.  The fact that he's still doing it is fantastic; the fact that it's getting BETTER is amazing.  So, who cares what a couple of pathetic skirt-tuggers have to say.  Their insatiable hunger for gossip is pathetic.  Tom's the King of The Slobs and these goons should be bowing before him.  p.s. Trolling's bad for the soul.