Author Topic: A new Wally Wackyman?  (Read 3455 times)

D.JGeorge

• Policemans heel
A new Wally Wackyman?
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
[youtube]Buddy Kane is upset![/youtube]

[youtube]Happy Holidays from Buddy The Muppet![/youtube]

As we all know Vance is official Best Show puppet, however ever since Wally had his "feltdown" his appearance on the show has become a rarity. Many have questioned if Wally will ever come back to his old glory, many question if he'll ever come back. Just this past friday I was listening to an episode of Shut Up werido and Wally called up asking the  hosts if he could be their offical puppet!!

It's safe to say that the Wackyman's days at the Best Show are over, a void is left in the puppet caller region. With that I introduce you to Buddy Kane the Muppet! I plan on having Buddy call in next week and see if he can fill the spot of one Wally Wackyman!

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: A new Wally Wackyman?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »
Just this past friday I was listening to an episode of Shut Up werido and Wally called up asking the  hosts if he could be their offical puppet!!

Yikes. It's one thing to flame out, but that ... yikes.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »
Did that really happen?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Kormod

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »
Did that really happen?

Sort of. Someone who isn't Z-Man called in as "Wally Wackiman" and did a dumb routine. It's probably the same person who calls into Shut Up, Weirdo as the Greggulator.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:34:59 AM »
Is it just me or does Wally always sound like he's holding back tears?

Lemon Session

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
Is it just me or does Wally always sound like he's holding back tears?

Definitely have the same thought. Or at least it feels like he's not talking, just whining...

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »
Hey Everyone,
    Wally did not call into Shut Up, Weirdo.  That was an impostor who felt like bringing up something about taxes somehow made sense as Wally.  Not sure what's going on with the apparent rash of fake Best Show callers bothering other shows on the station.  I wonder if Tom will address it on the show, at all.  Buddy looks interesting, though I don't think there's a need for a "new Wally", so to speak.  The original is still holding his own, figuring things out.  He is not as bad off as a lot of the talk has made it out to be, with a lot of exaggeration in play.  All the same, did you build Buddy, yourself?  If so, impressive.  Also, if you care to take any advice, try to see if you can make sure he's looking into the camera.  I know how difficult it can be, especially without the monitors set up like the pros have, but it helps the feel of the video.  Also, not having your arm visible could help, too.  Keep it up, and I look forward to seeing more from him in the future, but not in the replacement sense.

-Zach (Big Z)

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 07:48:58 AM »
I wonder if Tom will address it on the show, at all. 

He did. Gregg brought it up.

Greggulator

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
I wonder if Tom will address it on the show, at all. 

He did. Gregg brought it up.

It's an annoying thing but right in my wheelhouse of stuff I find oddly entertaining.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »
Did that really happen?

Sort of. Someone who isn't Z-Man called in as "Wally Wackiman" and did a dumb routine. It's probably the same person who calls into Shut Up, Weirdo as the Greggulator.

That is to say it didn't happen, right?
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Kormod

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »
Did that really happen?

That is to say it didn't happen, right?

It "sort of" happened in that the OP wasn't just talking nonsense: someone claiming to be Wally Wackiman -- apparently someone with some sort of mental illness -- actually did call Shut Up. Weirdo and ask to be their official puppet.

D.JGeorge

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
Hey Everyone,
    Wally did not call into Shut Up, Weirdo.  That was an impostor who felt like bringing up something about taxes somehow made sense as Wally.  Not sure what's going on with the apparent rash of fake Best Show callers bothering other shows on the station.  I wonder if Tom will address it on the show, at all.  Buddy looks interesting, though I don't think there's a need for a "new Wally", so to speak.  The original is still holding his own, figuring things out.  He is not as bad off as a lot of the talk has made it out to be, with a lot of exaggeration in play.  All the same, did you build Buddy, yourself?  If so, impressive.  Also, if you care to take any advice, try to see if you can make sure he's looking into the camera.  I know how difficult it can be, especially without the monitors set up like the pros have, but it helps the feel of the video.  Also, not having your arm visible could help, too.  Keep it up, and I look forward to seeing more from him in the future, but not in the replacement sense.

-Zach (Big Z)
Yeah I built Buddy myself of a kit I purchased online...Buddy's been having a lot of trouble looking in the camera I'm going to try using a standalone mirror and see if that helps things in future videos...and lets face no one can ever truly replace Wally :D ;)