Author Topic: Greetings from southern Utah  (Read 2850 times)

ElPachuco_Shabazz

• Plantar Fasciitis
Greetings from southern Utah
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
Hello all, new FoT from St. George, Utah. I randomly came across the Best Show Gems on Itunes about 2 months ago, and have been listening to them since. Big noob fan here, please to meet ya'll.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Greetings from southern Utah
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
That's God's country down there.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

ElPachuco_Shabazz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
Lol, coulda fooled me!

ElPachuco_Shabazz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:50 AM »
So here's a noob question for ya'll. Since, as I mentioned, I was introduced to the BSOWFMU by randomly coming across the Best Show Gems Podcast, I have just recently started downloading the full show podcasts. So, I was wondering, is there a certain time that JW calls in with his Newbridge character? Or does he normally just call in at any random time Tom is taking calls? Also, I was really interested in the "regular" callers of the show. Seems like he has a lot of regular callers, that apparently call in all the time. I was listening to one show, and they were talking about adding the callers to the Best Show 100 or something like that. So my question is, is there some kinda list someone put together that has all of Tom's regular "real" callers? I would like to become more familiarized with them as well. Anyways, again I'm glad to be here!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
So here's a noob question for ya'll. Since, as I mentioned, I was introduced to the BSOWFMU by randomly coming across the Best Show Gems Podcast, I have just recently started downloading the full show podcasts. So, I was wondering, is there a certain time that JW calls in with his Newbridge character? Or does he normally just call in at any random time Tom is taking calls? Also, I was really interested in the "regular" callers of the show. Seems like he has a lot of regular callers, that apparently call in all the time. I was listening to one show, and they were talking about adding the callers to the Best Show 100 or something like that. So my question is, is there some kinda list someone put together that has all of Tom's regular "real" callers? I would like to become more familiarized with them as well. Anyways, again I'm glad to be here!
Yes.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

ElPachuco_Shabazz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
Yes.

Donde?

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 05:25:06 PM »

I'm sure that Tom and JW set up their calls in advance as to when in the show he's calling in, but it's random to us, the listener. As for regulars, there are a lot on these boards here. As for a list, I don't know of one. Just keep listening to the show and the regular callers will present themselves. There's no major mythology behind them.

ElPachuco_Shabazz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »

I'm sure that Tom and JW set up their calls in advance as to when in the show he's calling in, but it's random to us, the listener. As for regulars, there are a lot on these boards here. As for a list, I don't know of one. Just keep listening to the show and the regular callers will present themselves. There's no major mythology behind them.

Yea I figured that was the case in regards to the when Jon calls in. And I came across that "Newbridgtionary" (sp?) with a list of every show and every Wurster call. Well anyways, I'm wayy late to the game, I realize that. But better late then never!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
That's God's country down there.

I've heard people call into The Best Show from around the world, but I'm not sure I've ever heard a call from Utah. Or a posting on this board (until now). Welcome, ElPachuco!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009