Author Topic: Maurice Kern  (Read 3136 times)

homemade ecstasy

• Plantar Fasciitis
Maurice Kern
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post.  I've listened to the Best Show casually for a few years now.  Upon getting an iPhone and the WFMU app last year I've become a much more avid listener thanks to the show archives and Best Show Gems.  Basically all I do in my free time now is listen to the Best Show and it's provided me with hours of joy.  Often, on my way home from work on the subway, drunk, late at night, I find myself again and again going back to the Gem, "A Call from Maurice Kern and Hot Rockin' Ronny" from 12/21/04.  I think this is Wurster at his very best and it cracks me up every single time.  I haven't come across Maurice Kern in any other episodes or Gems, though.  Can anyone direct me towards another episode featuring Kern?  I'd really appreciate it!  Thank you all.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Re: Maurice Kern
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »
What Omar said.  The Hot Rockin' Ronny call is the only appearance of Maurice Kern available in the archives - the only other one was Chain Fights, Beer Busts and Service with a Grin. 

Maurice and his family are mentioned many times, however, in a variety of amusing ways.  My list of the show's Newbridge-related calls can be found at http://buffcoat.blogspot.com

The thread on Newbridge Family Trees is also great for understanding the various Kern relationships.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

homemade ecstasy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
Thanks a lot guys.  Don't know if you noticed but I also posted this in the Show Discussion forum as well and I apologize for that.  I realized after-the-fact that this question belonged there.  buffcoat, your thoroughness is astounding!  Thank you!  Kern's definition of a "Zumbie" is the reason I signed up for this board and I'm happy to be here now.  Cheers.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:59:50 AM »
You have many hilarious hours of listening ahead of you, h.e.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
saw this in the grocery store yesterday and took a photo

I wish it was vegan
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »
saw this in the grocery store yesterday and took a photo

I wish it was vegan

It's probably loaded with expired lots of Peniscillin...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."