Author Topic: PREMIUM UPDATE.  (Read 49206 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
PREMIUM UPDATE.
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:39:22 AM »
Here's an update on this year and last year's WFMU fundraising premium.

The 2011 Premium is pretty much done. The singles are pressed and are being assembled. The download code was just digitized. The posters are done. The shirts are done. The buttons are done. They will be put together and mailed out to everybody who pledged in the next few weeks, I would think. Thank you for your patience with it - a couple of the tracks for the single took longer to be finished. But trust me - it's going to be worth the wait!

The 2012 premium is being worked on. The first thing I want to do is figure out how to get the Radiovision download out to everybody ASAP as a thanks for pledging in advance of the premium shipping. I'll keep you posted on that. The Best Show magazine and CD are a ways away from being done but they are being worked on. Trust me when I say that we're working on these things - we want them to get done as soon as possible but we also want them to be GREAT.

Thanks again for your patience!

Tom.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
Re: PREMIUM UPDATE.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:04:23 AM »
I don't know if you're looking for suggestions on how to distribute the Radiovision panel. If not, please disregard this post.

What I think would be easiest would be to upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and email a link to everyone to those who pledged. The drawback to Dropbox is that I believe you have to have an account with them in order to download. Also, I'm not sure if the location of the files could be returned in a DracSearch (or other internet search engine) query. With Google Drive only the uploader would be required to have an account with Google. You would also be able to limit access only to people given the link to the files (the files will not show up in DracSearch queries). I'm sure there are other avenues that the more tech-savvy FOT's could suggest. These are just the two that immediately sprang to mind.

Mike Desert

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39:32 AM »
Thanks for the update!!
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 02:23:54 AM »
Also, I'm not sure if the location of the files could be returned in a DracSearch (or other internet search engine) query.

Excellent point! I wouldn't want those leigons of AltaVista and AskJeeves-using bastards to steal this stuff without having made a pledge.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

bananagrabbers

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 09:11:10 AM »
Thanks for the update, Tom.

This post made me realize I have a forthcoming issue: I'm moving this July.  I had the foresight to have the 2012 premium sent to a permanent family address, but this didn't occur to me when entering information for the 2011 premium.

I hate to be a needle-in-a-haystack bother, but if Tom (or anyone who has been in a similar situation in the past) has a suggestion on how I could go about correcting this, I'd love to hear it.

Steeley Chris

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »
"Dad gets mad."

KIVA PDX

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
i have also moved since the pledge drive. Should I email Joe McGasko?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »
Yes, Joe McG is the king of all communication

bananagrabbers

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
Thanks, all.

Jack

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
Thanks Tom, can't wait!

JohnG

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »
These are the demons I hope we will be able to summon.

Neon Maniacs - Trailer

sharktopus

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Tom, thanks for all of your hard work!

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »
When that box arrives from 'merica...I don't know what I'll do....holey moley...but it's probably gonna be sodas all round at my place that night I tell you!
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Namaste.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
Looks like DJ Terre T used her connections to the best show to get the World Exclusive play of the Rated G.G. single last week:

http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/45278

"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"