Author Topic: Best in Best Show!  (Read 41411 times)

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Best in Best Show!
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:35:42 PM »
Haven't seen my dog, Hank, in months.  Ran across a picture of him on my hard-drive and couldn't resist launching a new thread.

Pet pictures, please.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Best in Best Show!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:03:59 AM »
I actually have a new pet bird, which wasn't planned for. The past two days when I've woken up and walked out of my room, a bird has been flying around, breaking my dishes. I think it's the same bird, and I can't figure out how it got in my house. I don't have any broken screens or windows, and my flues are all shut. It's the weirdest thing. I think now I have to name it, because it obviously wants to live with us.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 12:19:37 AM »
That leaves ... something to be desired.  Hope you cover your fruitbowls at night. Is it a small thing, like a finch?  Or a pigeon/seagull/crow?

[youtube=425,350]QJC9pio_zlQ[/youtube]

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 07:32:51 AM »
Damn, I wish I had a digital camera so I could show off all my beasts.

Rainer, Hank strongly resembles my dear dead dog Katie, except that his snout is slightly longer.  They both belong to the generic "yellow dog" type (or "ideal," as I like to term it) to which all dogs seem to revert when miscegenation reaches its apogee.  In a documentary about dogs I watched a while back, I was very surprised to see Katie clones happily roaming the streets the world over

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »
That leaves ... something to be desired.  Hope you cover your fruitbowls at night. Is it a small thing, like a finch?  Or a pigeon/seagull/crow?

I did a little research. It's a Chimney Swift. I've named him Bert.

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »
My blurry fish:

"This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 07:57:36 PM »

Mona and Max at 4 months - They're about one now.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 08:10:40 PM »
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 12:23:56 AM »
They both belong to the generic "yellow dog" type (or "ideal," as I like to term it) to which all dogs seem to revert when miscegenation reaches its apogee.

The only thing I knew about Hank when we adopted him from a NYC Pound in 1993 was that he was 6 months old and wandering around Central Park and that he might have been abused.  Since then, I have seen a lot of these "yellow dogs" and found it interesting and unsettling in equal measure.  As if Hank were a Kentucky Gentleman, and then I see armies of Colonel Saunders all around on my drive home from the vet (a throwaway comment our fearless leader made that still resonates with me as being top tier nightmare).

Dogs know.  My wife told me that she once took Hank for a walk down a forest path.  As she approached the basin, this unseemly character started toward here, stepping out of the shadows, as it were. At that point, Hank rippled his "lips" and bared his incisors in a fierce display of "don't even try, asshole."  Because he never does that unless he needs to. 

Somebody recently threw a cinderblock through the back window of our rowhouse in Baltimore, and Hank didn't do anything.  Just stayed in his basket.  The police actually caught the guy in flagrante delicto. Hank probably thought, whatever .... I'm tired.  Let's let the cops deal with this one.

Love that dog.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »
Dorvid,

I know cute kittens have been devalued by LOLCATS, but I must say that Mona and Max are supremely darling.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 01:16:24 AM »
Lazer Allin?!  Those little a-holes told me they were going to the mall.
That explains the hundred-yard stare.

Thanks, Rainer.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 01:32:45 AM »

Shhh!  He's dreaming of a soppying wet tennis ball.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 01:42:03 AM »
It's a Chimney Swift. I've named him Bert.

A teeny little guy:

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 11:27:48 AM »
Howowowowow do you make friends with a bird?!!
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 02:45:58 PM »
The Birds is not a scary movie.  How can you have a scary thing that can be defeated by one man with a hat, a ski mask and a chainsaw?  And that guy would be the GOOD guy.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!