Author Topic: NJ-NYC people! WFMU booth duty this wknd?  (Read 1626 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
NJ-NYC people! WFMU booth duty this wknd?
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »
From Scott, WFMU's volunteer wrangler:

Allo pals!  Sorry for the last minute notice here, but there's this big ol' etsy-tent-with-beer style event going on in JC this Saturday, and WFMU will be there.  We're setting up a meet&greet table, and Therese & I will be spinning the hits all afternoon.  We'd like to have a few pals (I'm thinking 6) join us, to present the attractive happy face of WFMU to the JC public.  That's where you all come in!  Anyone interested in joining us?  Duties would mainly be limited to sitting at table with a pal or 2 and interacting with the people that wanna check us out.  We'll have some giveaways and a mailing list signup sheet too.  Pretty simple deal, and the event seems pretty cool - there'll be beer, food and whoah, comedy.

It's the (ahem) "Not Yo Mama's Crafts Fair", this Saturday (tomorrow!)  from 11am-6pm in the Powerhouse District (based around 1st & Warren Streets, just around the corner from FMU).  Ideally, I'd like to have volunteer shifts run not more than 2 hours.  Please let me know if you can help us out, and tell me what hours would work best for you.  I'll hook you up with details.  Thanks everyone!

More info on the thing: http://www.notyomamasaffairs.com/, Hope a bunch of you can join us!

Email for scott is his first name at wfmu dot org - sit around and drink beer and talk about stuff with other people who are also sitting around! Sounds pretty good.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?