Author Topic: NPR has never sounded more like NPR  (Read 7204 times)

chetfarnsworth

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: NPR has never sounded more like NPR
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
looks like Keillor and Shandling both left their respective Keillor and Shandling masks out in the sun.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
His voice came over the radio the other night (I was driving and listening to BBC World Service) and I immediately switched stations.  I never could stand his voice, now I can't stand to hear it for even a second.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
His voice came over the radio the other night (I was driving and listening to BBC World Service) and I immediately switched stations.  I never could stand his voice, now I can't stand to hear it for even a second.

BBC World Service is some quality radio. Keillor, on the other hand...not so much.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 05:42:24 PM »

BBC World Service is some quality radio. Keillor, on the other hand...not so much.

Agreed.  I don't have this feeling often, but I really do want to strike him to stop that sound coming out of his mouth.  That horrible, windy sound.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
My parents were listening to him back in the 70s... Believe me, I know how prolonged exposure to Keillor can age a man.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »

Agreed.  I don't have this feeling often, but I really do want to strike him to stop that sound coming out of his mouth.  That horrible, windy sound.

That's just the sound of a Lake Wobegone zephyr. Not sure why it doesn't soothe you.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
My parents were listening to him back in the 70s... Believe me, I know how prolonged exposure to Keillor can age a man.

It certainly has aged HIM.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »

That's some outfit.

You all just shut your pie holes. A man who wears denim pedal pushers with no socks has to have nuts of steel.

Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »

A man who wears denim pedal pushers with no socks has to have nuts of steel.
Say it, Auntie.  Obviously, comfortable with where he's at.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kormod

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »
He should just walk around naked. I hear that's really comfortable.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
Truth!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
Truth!

As soon as I read that I had an aural hallucination: Tom's "d'uggh" sound of puritanical disgust.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

ArchieFromPGH

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2012/11/27/165175532/running-a-comedy-machine-how-chuck-lorre-makes-hits

Lorre discusses the creative process of bringing his toilet jokes to the small screen with a seriousness and self-satisfaction that is troubling. Though they report it with a straight face, the soundbites they choose for the piece seem to have an air of mockery about them.