Author Topic: EPL (Suck it Barclays!)* Fontasy Premier League  (Read 19340 times)

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: EPL (Suck it Barclays!)* Fontasy Premier League
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 10:30:30 AM »
Transfer window doesn't close until after the EPL starts, then the interlull comes 3 or 4 rounds in.  Nothing like breaking up the cohesion and momentum!

Agreed. Very herky jerky.

On a related but side note:
How to make soccer big in America:
1. sell the television rights to World Cup qualifying matches to a brand new sports channel that a majority of Americans won't get...and then only show the live version of that game on the Spanish language version of that sports channel.
2. ????
3. Profit.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
Transfer window doesn't close until after the EPL starts, then the interlull comes 3 or 4 rounds in.  Nothing like breaking up the cohesion and momentum!

Agreed. Very herky jerky.

On a related but side note:
How to make soccer big in America:
1. sell the television rights to World Cup qualifying matches to a brand new sports channel that a majority of Americans won't get...and then only show the live version of that game on the Spanish language version of that sports channel.
2. ????
3. Profit.

Welcome to modern FIFA. Money trumps all. Hence why the 2022 World Cup will be played in 120 degree heat in a tiny nation that has no football pedigree, little/no grassroots and no stadiums as of right now. Rather than you know, one that is actually set up for it.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 05:54:52 AM »
I am still shocked that Sepp is hanging on.  But maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.  That must be the slimiest organization ever. 

Chuck Blazer was the whistle-blower until we found out he was as crooked as the rest of them.

Lord Triesman blasting the shady deals of Russia and Qatar, but being secretly recorded by his mistress.

Maybe Jack Warner is the most honest out of them all!
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 06:02:41 AM »
As both an American and a relatively recent Spurs fan (I've been following them for about three seasons now) I'm very happy with the Dempsey move. Although to be honest, I thought the way he was acting at Fulham there was completely classless.

A lot of people jumped on that Spurs bandwagon toward the end of the season, but they couldn't deliver.  Duncan is getting up there - still productive, but he can't carry a team through the playoffs like he used to.

Wait, what's a Totten Ham?

It's kind of like a portable luncheon meat.  It's a long O sound.

That earns you a point.

:) Gracias SeƱor buffcoat
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »
It begins. I dreamt about my fantasy football team last night. I had Eden Hazard, who scored one and got 4 assists in one game. Awoke deliriously happy, until I remembered I don't have the diminutive Belgian in my side.

However, I do have Ji-Sung Park. So there's that.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »
Not EPL but soccer related:

That first half was brilliant. That second half, especially after the goal, woof.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 04:26:54 AM »
Trollface Clint!

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:44 AM »
Spurs Old Boys Club of Berba and Defoe were my saviours this weekend. V. grateful.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 03:38:02 AM »
I've noticed there are quite a few ex-Spurs around the league, and that was even before Harry's time.  Lots of turnover isn't always good.

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
I think Harry had Demba Ba (the third member of the currently unstoppable Newbridge AFC frontline) on a trial at West Ham, didn't he? Turns out you can build a nicely-functioning Fantasy Football team out of Harry rejects. *finds a way to transfer in Roman Pavlyuchenko*

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
Boosh!!  Deuce with the winner.  I'm feeling this makes up for the Carroll-Mendes No-Goal.

Purple Aki

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »
Straight in at second place. Barry, I'm coming for you.

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 05:30:22 AM »
Finally Vincent Kompany manages to keep a clean sheet. That massive donkey Andy Carroll put the heart cross-ways on me a couple of times, though. That all my Sunday points are to come from Joe fucking Allen and Yohan Cabaye gives me pause, though.

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Yohan Cabaye, I take it all back. You're all right in my book.

Joe Allen, on the other hand, can still fuck off.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 05:13:04 AM »
Oof, missed a week changing line-ups.  Man that hurts!!