Author Topic: Medical fund donations for Scott Jones (Hank IV)  (Read 2166 times)

Anthony from San Francisco

• Plantar Fasciitis
Medical fund donations for Scott Jones (Hank IV)
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

As some of you may have heard, there’s been some tragic news regarding Hank IV’s drummer, Scott Jones. In March of this year, Scott fell down a staircase at his home, suffering a blow to the head that resulted in a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). No one knows exactly what caused his fall, but the best guess is that it was somehow related to a debilitating back injury he’d been suffering from during the prior two weeks. Jennifer, his wife, was able to get him to San Francisco General Hospital (regarded as one of the best brain trauma hospitals in the country) shortly after the accident, where he spent several weeks in a coma undergoing a number of operations to relieve the swelling and fluid build-up on his brain as well as to install a synthetic replacement for a portion of his skull.

Scott finally emerged from his coma and has spent the past two months at a skilled nursing facility across the Bay in San Leandro, CA. He is presently situated at the Kaiser Rehabilitation Hospital in Vallejo—his fourth medical facility in as many months—where he is receiving an intense amount of physical and speech therapy. As difficult as it is to relay this news, and while there have been some recent positive developments, it must be said that Scott has suffered catastrophic injuries to his mental and physical faculties and he faces a long road back.

Thankfully, a significant portion of his medical expenses to date have been covered by insurance. But Scott’s time inside the official Kaiser medical system is soon coming to an end, and he is facing many more months—if not years—of rehabilitation. After being sent home from Kaiser (possibly as soon as mid-August), Scott will still require substantial medical and therapeutic care beyond what’s covered by insurance. To help provide relief for these out-of-pocket expenses, Scott’s family has created the Scott Jones Medical Fund, to which donations (by electronic payment or check) can be made.

Scott, Jennifer and their two-year-old son, Floyd, are in need of our financial support. For information on how and where to contribute to the Fund, and for anyone wishing to read the most up-to-date news about Scott and his condition, please visit http://scottjonesnews.blogspot.com/, the blog maintained by his sister-in-law, Penny, that details the progress and setbacks along Scott’s path to recovery. The site contains a PayPal link for the Fund as well as a physical address to which you can send a check and words of encouragement directly to Scott’s family.

In an age when we are inundated with various cyber-pleas for financial assistance, it is still our hope that each of Scott’s friends, acquaintances and fans can make a generous donation to help alleviate his family’s considerable financial burden in the face of this random and devastating injury. Thanks in advance for your support.

Thank you!

Andy, Anthony, Bob, Chris
Hank IV

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: Medical fund donations for Scott Jones (Hank IV)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:04:28 AM »
So sorry to hear that, Anthony.  I will contribute and pass along the news.  Hank IV are awesome.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Medical fund donations for Scott Jones (Hank IV)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
Good grief - that's awful! I will donate too when I get paid next week.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?