Author Topic: We Need to Talk About Kevin  (Read 3475 times)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
We Need to Talk About Kevin
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
If I knew this movie featured a mass murder by bow and arrow, I never would have bothered. Ridiculous. Please feel free to warn me about these sorts of things in the future. They're not "spoilers," they're time savers.
See God, Kai

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: We Need to Talk About Kevin
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »
I really disliked that movie from the start and the bow and arrow mass murder was just the ridiculous cherry on top of a shit sundae.

I get it, it's an "art" film. You can tell because to symbolize the violence and death caused by Kevin there is a lot of red splashed everywhere.

I also found it pretty unrealistic that the community would hate on the mom so much. I luckily have never experienced that type of tragedy first hand, but I can't remember any stories of the parents of mass murderers getting harassed.

There is an interesting movie/story to be told about the indifference of a parent toward their child. This movie is not that.

Kormod

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »
Yeah, it sucked. Should have asked me about it before watching it.

not that clay

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
Are any of these kind of movies any good? Like all those bummer art movies Nicole Kidman is in? I gave up on them all years ago.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
I enjoyed this movie.

narwhale

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:49:24 AM »
That kid was kind of a dick imo.

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
Didnt see it, based on one of the worst novels I've ever tried (didn't finish) to read.  Horrendous.

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
I did not like the blame this movie places on the mother for having a lack of attachment or ability to bond with her son.  Troubled kids need therapy not lessons in lethal weaponry.  I found the book impossible to read, so I saw the movie instead. Yes, I could have skipped this one, but the kid and the mom were both well acted roles. 
After that I watched "Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close" which portrays another troubled kid with strained adult relationships, and also hits you with a sneaky premise, (no spoilers), but I think it is a much better movie.

gravy boat

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »
If I knew this movie featured a mass murder by bow and arrow, I never would have bothered. Ridiculous. Please feel free to warn me about these sorts of things in the future. They're not "spoilers," they're time savers.

The producers did not want there to be any chance of copycat mass murderers. They were just being responsible citizens.