Author Topic: PETEY'S PUNISHMENT ANNOUNCED.  (Read 14754 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
PETEY'S PUNISHMENT ANNOUNCED.
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:00:40 AM »
FOR THE CRIMES COMMITTED AGAINST THE BEST SHOW ON WFMU AND TOM SCHARPLING, THE SENTENCING FOR THE CONVICTION OF PETEY IS AS FOLLOWS:

1) PETEY WILL BE PLACED ON PROBATION.

2) DURING SAID PROBATIONAL PERIOD, PETEY SHALL BE REQUIRED TO SPEAK THE KINGS ENGLISH. NO MORE CHILDISH GOOFBALL TALK.

3) PETEY SHALL PUBLISH AN ISSUE OF HIS NEWLETTER 'THE MIG' DEDICATED ENTIRELY TO THE TRAVESTY COMMITTED AGAINST TOM. THE ISSUE SHALL FEATURE AN INTERVIEW WITH TOM.

4) PETEY SHALL PROMOTE THE PODCAST. HE WILL PROMOTE IT ON HIS WEBSITE, ON OTHER PEOPLE'S MESSAGE BOARDS, AND IN ANY SETTING THAT TOM AND THE BEST SHOW SEES FIT.

5) PETEY SHALL WRITE AND PERFORM A BOB DYLAN-STYLED PROTEST SONG CHRONICLING THE TRAVESTY COMMITTED AGAINST TOM. THE SONG SHALL CONTAIN THE LYRIC 'TOM DIDN'T DESERVE THIS. HE TRUSTED ME AND I BLEW IT. HOPEFULLY I CAN WORK TO BUILD THAT TRUST AGAIN.'

THE JURY HAS SPOKEN.

TOM.

Chris L NYC

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: PETEY'S PUNISHMENT ANNOUNCED.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »
 fair and just as always . thats called leadership . youre a class act mr . S .

im Chris L NYC now - pretty cool eh ?

Tim K in DC

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:39:57 PM »
I just hooked the podcast into one of the Macs at WMBR. Petey, you can count that one as a notch for line item 4, so long as you straighten up and fly right.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:20:07 PM »
Petey,
When I was a lad, I thought it was cool to be "friends" with the sort of scofflaws that got you into this perdicament. But that's a dark road to head down.

As part of your rehabilitation, I suggest you cut this Bridge Troll and all other Bridge Trolls out of your life. These people are parasites, and until the Good Guys cut off their supply, the Bad Guys will persist.

You have the power, my friend. Say to these Bad Guys, "No more," and mean it, and act upon it.

~EmD
"You said it. I didn't."

Officer_Tom

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »
Lets not forget this isn't the first probation Petey's been placed on.

As was already stated, Tom has ruled justly and with discression.

The penalty has escalated in relation to Petey's past indiscresions.

What will be next? Because we all know there will be a next time.

OT
"I can neither confirm nor deny"

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »
best show tattoo
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Stan

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 02:38:13 AM »
Lets not forget this isn't the first probation Petey's been placed on.

As was already stated, Tom has ruled justly and with discression.

The penalty has escalated in relation to Petey's past indiscresions.

What will be next? Because we all know there will be a next time.

OT

Let us not forget that nobody gives a shit about your opinion.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Sarah

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »
The spelling is interesting, though.

Jason

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »
There are no moderators on this board and I'd like to keep it that way. Free discussion and comment should be unfettered and I understand that disagreements and feuds are bound to occur but that doesn't mean we should just say anything we like.
We should be focusing on making the FOT a real community, we shouldn't be excluding anyone and I don't want to see this board sinking into a popularity contest where people are dissuaded from posting because they get shit everytime they do.
This new board has been a real success so far, posting has doubled over the old board, so lets please not shit it up. Lets leave the old feuds on the old board.

I think the CEO of Omni Consumer Products said it best = Click Here!

Sarah

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »
I will continue to crab about spelling when I am so moved, I'm afraid.  Sorry, Jason.  My grumbling, however, will be equal opportunity, and my outbursts are relatively rare (mostly I just shudder and move on), so the only result will likely be occasional annoyance with me, not any grand rift.

Stan

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 05:24:59 PM »
Fair enough Jason, I'll avoid writing reactionary flame posts in the future.

Also, if I ever do a Listener Hour on WFMU, I promise not to make thinly veiled death threats against my ex wife or to give out information inappropriately obtained from the NJDMV database.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Jason

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 06:25:50 PM »
Sorry if I got pissy, but it definitely seemed like an unwarranted attack Stan. I know you're a good guy.
Sarah, sorry. I can see your post was innocent but coming right after Stan's it looked like you were giving him the old one two.
OK, flame away.

cokefantastic

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 07:29:43 AM »

5) PETEY SHALL WRITE AND PERFORM A BOB DYLAN-STYLED PROTEST SONG CHRONICLING THE TRAVESTY COMMITTED AGAINST TOM. THE SONG SHALL CONTAIN THE LYRIC 'TOM DIDN'T DESERVE THIS. HE TRUSTED ME AND I BLEW IT. HOPEFULLY I CAN WORK TO BUILD THAT TRUST AGAIN.'

I can't wait for this one.
"Some called it the Milky Way but for others the way was clear." - A Tek Jansen Adventure

Sarah

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 09:04:39 AM »
it looked like you were giving him the old one two

Well, I was, a little.  But I wouldn't have been able to resist making a crack about the spelling, regardless.  I mean, "discression" and "indiscresion" in a single post?  It would have required saintly discretion to let that one slide.

Changing the subject, I, too, am looking forward to Petey's song.  I'm hoping Petey will pattern it after one of Dylban's long, talky ballads.  "Motorpsycho Nitemare" was my favorite song when I was a kid--how about a take on that, Peter?

Jason

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 09:15:47 AM »

Changing the subject, I, too, am looking forward to Petey's song.  I'm hoping Petey will pattern it after one of Dylban's long, talky ballads.  "Motorpsycho Nitemare" was my favorite song when I was a kid--how about a take on that, Peter?

Not biting on that one.