Author Topic: 18 Wheeler Records info  (Read 3949 times)

MoosterRecords

• Plantar Fasciitis
18 Wheeler Records info
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
Where can I find more info on 18 Wheeler Records? Is there a website anywhere? Ive seen the discogs.com page but thats about it. How many of those records are out of print?

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Re: 18 Wheeler Records info
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
Where can I find more info on 18 Wheeler Records? Is there a website anywhere? Ive seen the discogs.com page but thats about it. How many of those records are out of print?

All are OOP unless "in print" is defined as copies that Tim still has in his stash.

Discogs does not currently list EWR-003 on the main 18 Wheeler label page. It's the Hypnolovewheel Sybil EP (2 x 7"). It is, however, listed on the band's page and as the only listed release on the "Eighteen Wheeler" discogs label page.  In both of those cases, it's incorrectly cited as EWR-004.  (On the actual sleeve of the record, it's listed as EW-003, no R.)

I'd like to find out what title is EWR - 010.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

MoosterRecords

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:47:25 PM »
Thanks for the info! I wonder if Tom has any interest in reissuing any of these? I believe I could be of some assistance...

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »
I really like James McNew's music a lot. Checked out the re-released stuff (thinking about parting with some euros for these) and there is this little tidbit about the start of 18 Wheeler, maybe common knowledge to many of you.

"Eventually I played some of the things I'd been recording for my fellow fanzine writer and friend, Tom. He suggested I release a Dump EP... and then he started a label, and released it as catalog #001. We then made one of the great early 90's decisions: to hand-color all 1,000 sleeves ourselves. As payment for the single, Tom gave me a Casio CT-60, which appeared on every subsequent Dump release (its first use was on "Bunny Boy," from the I LIKE WALT! compilation EP, included here). "

http://www.anost.net/Musik/CD/CD/Dump-Superpowerless.html

MoosterRecords

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »
I really like James McNew's music a lot. Checked out the re-released stuff (thinking about parting with some euros for these) and there is this little tidbit about the start of 18 Wheeler, maybe common knowledge to many of you.

"Eventually I played some of the things I'd been recording for my fellow fanzine writer and friend, Tom. He suggested I release a Dump EP... and then he started a label, and released it as catalog #001. We then made one of the great early 90's decisions: to hand-color all 1,000 sleeves ourselves. As payment for the single, Tom gave me a Casio CT-60, which appeared on every subsequent Dump release (its first use was on "Bunny Boy," from the I LIKE WALT! compilation EP, included here). "

http://www.anost.net/Musik/CD/CD/Dump-Superpowerless.html

Thanks for the link! This stuff is pretty great! Im gonna look into procuring some for myself hopefully in the US to avoid crazy shipping!

Ribot4President

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 02:34:52 PM »
You can get those Dump re-issues from insound.com.  I've grabbed "Superpowerless" so far, really good stuff.