Author Topic: NATHAN FOR YOU!!!  (Read 8479 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
NATHAN FOR YOU!!!
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
I put this in CAPS with exclamation points because it deserves it so much.

It is seriously one of the best shows ever.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

break

• Achilles bursitis
Re: NATHAN FOR YOU!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:02 AM »
I almost made this exact same post yesterday, i've watched every episode over and over.  The "Claw of Shame" episode last night was stupendous.   

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
It's finally started airing in Canada, and it is glorious.

Greggulator

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:26 AM »
The Claw of Shame is one of the greatest episodes of television of all-time. It works on every level possible.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:06:31 PM »
The Claw of Shame is one of the greatest episodes of television of all-time. It works on every level possible.
I was chastising myself for actually enjoying the suspense at the end.
Also the retired judge needs a spin-off!

Greggulator

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »

It seriously IS dramatic! That's part of the magic. It parodies those dumb Fox stunt shows so well.  But for the parody to work it essentially has to become one of those shows. The suspense really makes the whole bit work.

My favorite parts: The guy still getting the consulting credit, "Nathan was born in Canada to two civil servants" and the kids rooting for him to get his pants taken down by the Windows 95-powered robot (!). And the robot's taunting arm right at the beginning.

Just brilliant. Oh man does this show rule.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 01:03:25 AM »

Oh yeah, it was hard not to get legitimately wrapped up in it. It was a parody that became what it was parodying in the best possible way.

THE BEN SHOW is also funny. How and why Comedy Central picked up two oddball shows like this is something I don't quite get, but I like it.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 03:57:55 AM »

THE BEN SHOW is also funny. How and why Comedy Central picked up two oddball shows like this is something I don't quite get, but I like it.

Yeah, I like that one  too. However, writing for Norm Macdonald might have something to with The Ben Show getting picked up.

I especially like the the episode chronicling his triumphant return to his hometown.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
I'm so glad we're talking about this here now. In describing the show to people, I've taken to calling it the first Comedy Central Original Series I've laughed at since Stella. I can't see how he's going to top this week in the season finale. The whole run has been flawless and "Gas Station/Caricature Artist," "Haunted House/The Hunk," "Funeral Home/Burger Joint/Skydiving," "Claw of Shame" is the funniest string of episodes I can think of this kind of show managing to pull off. The whole thing is a triumph that SHOULD cement Nathan as one of the best comics working on TV today.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:02:41 PM »

Seriously. Everyone I've gotten to watch it says it's one of the funniest things they've seen in a long time. I really hope Comedy Central doesn't drop it like every other good show they have.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
I really hope Comedy Central doesn't drop it like every other good show they have.
They dropped the Daily Show?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
I really hope Comedy Central doesn't drop it like every other good show they have.

Yep. Cancelled

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »

Yep. Cancelled
Colbert next, I suppose.

What are they going to replace it with Jesse Thorpe's BOATPARTY?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »
I love this show.  Also, the Ben Show is good.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
Nathan for You also drove me back to Netflix for another round of Jon Benjamin Has a Van, and helped ease my heartbreak over the cancellation of that show.