Author Topic: NATHAN FOR YOU!!!  (Read 8474 times)

Australia Nick

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: NATHAN FOR YOU!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
The Claw of Shame is one of the greatest episodes of television of all-time. It works on every level possible.

How about the hilarious conversation with the ex-con who describes the scenario of finding snickers bars on a jail cell pillow. Who would just accept that situation and eat the bars. I'm not the most street-wise guy getting about, but that sounds like a pretty lame trap, even if it's just an example of something that might happen.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
The Claw of Shame is one of the greatest episodes of television of all-time. It works on every level possible.

How about the hilarious conversation with the ex-con who describes the scenario of finding snickers bars on a jail cell pillow. Who would just accept that situation and eat the bars. I'm not the most street-wise guy getting about, but that sounds like a pretty lame trap, even if it's just an example of something that might happen.

I get the feeling that the end result is the same whether you eat the Snickers or not.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
I wonder if "The Claw of Shame" or the librarian video game can possibly be as funny as hearing Tom and Nathan summarize them?

Which episode is the librarian video game in? I'm going to OnDemand it.  Claw of Shame isn't up yet.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 06:06:13 PM »
Librarian's Quest was from episode three, "Clothing Store/Restaurant."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
Librarian's Quest was from episode three, "Clothing Store/Restaurant."

Thanks, nowah!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

InspectorHound

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
Nathan For You got an extremely positive review/write up/recommendation by The New Yorker's culture blog.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »
Nathan For You got an extremely positive review/write up/recommendation by The New Yorker's culture blog.
Spoiler alert!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
Even the A.V. Club loves Nathan For You!

Also, Nathan tweeted before the finale that "if you love the show, now's the time to speak up!" Comedy Central seems to be totally behind NFY (they even let him take over their twitter account during Claw of Shame), but ~400k viewers per episode isn't much. Let them know!!!

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »
We also had him on Am I Right?? and he was pretty much the best.

Sorry, that's pretty shameless.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:32 PM »
Renewed!

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 12:26:19 AM »
So happy it is renewed.  Good guys win! 

Australia Nick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 02:42:44 AM »

I get the feeling that the end result is the same whether you eat the Snickers or not.

Agreed. Pretty sure they would just bypass the Snickers trap if I was on the inside. Waste of a good snack, and hey, what am I going to do about it- say something like "but I don't owe you anything!".

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 10:28:10 PM »
They canned Jon!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

casualobserver

• Policemans heel

The Brighamist

• Policemans heel
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »
Who watched last night's episode?

I can't believe how much they crammed into one episode. I'm kind of glad Nathan couldn't make it on the Best Show this week, so now he and Tom can talk about how amazing that episode was.

SPOILERS below this line:

Favorite parts

• No one even trying to get past the lethargic alligator.
  • Nathan wordlessly communicating to the witnesses exactly when to commit purgery.
  • The magic trick.
  • The nice moment at the end when Nathan plays matchmaker.
  • Alan simply describing the $1 promotion being enough to get him declared insane.