Author Topic: Frankie Teardrop Challenge - Help Required.  (Read 4317 times)

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
Frankie Teardrop Challenge - Help Required.
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:32:57 AM »
Tonight I intend to take the FTC - I've got about a twenty minute walk up from the station and, while New York is the 'City that never sleeps' East Kilbride definitely enjoys a good kip and it's more than likely that during this time I won't see a single living soul.

Imagine one of those films where you're the last human alive.

That's it.

Anyway, I've come out without my i-device with the song on it so does anyone have it on an mp3 they can send me at work and I can drag it on to the one I keep in my draw for such emergencies?  I can't access itunes at work y'see?

Also should I listen to the tune in the first 10 minutes of the walk so I have 10 minutes alone with my thoughts afterwards or v.v.

Thanks.

Benji.

I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Frankie Teardrop Challenge - Help Required.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
Well, I finally got around to this last night and sorry to say folks I was a tad disappointed with it.

I'd held off listening to FTD until I was going to have a long lonely walk and pressed 'play' as I exited the final Glasgow to East Kilbride train at 23.17

I walked through a residential area, then a deserted shopping precinct, through the bus station, then through the underpass - which I expected to be the 'scary bit' but nothing. 

Perhaps I'd built it up to be something that it wasn't.  All I can say is during a torrential down pour in freezing cold rain I was more scared that I'd die of hypothermia than I was that some nutjob would leap out on me.

Unless that makes me the nutjob.

Oh dear.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
I would say that if you were not frightened, you passed the challenge with flying colors, you macho man you!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:06:47 AM »
Heh heh!  That's a good one.

I actually have the fortitude of Shaggy from Scooby Do.  Recently I was in the garden putting the bin out and next doors cat leaped on to our fence.  I nearly vaulted the house.

Also eldest has a 'werewolf detector' on his ipod.  It emits a sonar 'ping' every time it detects one in your area.  Again I was out in the garden after dark when I heard this go off.

Being a perfectly rational, sensible adult I finihsed what I was doing in double quick time, dashed back in and locked the door behind me.

Y'know, just so I wouldn't forget later on.  Scared?  Me?  Err, of course not.

@tonycoffey