Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128695 times)

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 02:29:31 AM »
Skurlicks addition was masterful, as was the drums from Tusk and Jerry Seinfeld talking about the "character" of the bee in Bee Movie.

Tusk! of course. I was about to ask where that drum beat came from.

Other "new" (?) stuff I picked up on from last nite's version of the collage :

Looping piano part from "Life's What You Make It", by Talk Talk.

Almost-subliminal portions of "Tales of Brave Ullyses" by Cream, and the "Entourage" theme song by Jane's Addiction.

Right after the Skrillex portion, there was a little bit of Karen Carpenter singing "loneliness" from the song "Superstar"

AP Mike whispering "Bayonne, City of My Birth" ... (from the Tree of Mike short film he did a few years back)

Some guy (?) blabbing about Porsches "from Jay Leno's Garage"

Some guy phoning into WNBC and offering to be "Barbara's" love slave (???)

Where does the guy screaming VICTORY come from? is that Hardwick or somebody else?

Oh yeah, somewhere in there was a proggy-sounding synth keyboard loop. Sounded a little like Phillip Glass or something. Anybody know what that was?
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »
Is the Hi, I'm Dennis thing from 12/18/12 (Four Loko Carol Xmas special) or the previous year's Xmas show?

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »
Is the Hi, I'm Dennis thing from 12/18/12 (Four Loko Carol Xmas special) or the previous year's Xmas show?

Fairly certain its the 2012 one
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »

Where does the guy screaming VICTORY come from? is that Hardwick or somebody else?

[/quote]

My first thought on hearing that was that it was Sylvester Stallone's voice.  I just googled and saw that there's a Sylvester Stallone movie actually called Victory, but have never seen it.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »
The Victory yell is from Entourage. It was Johnny Drama's catchphrase when he was on a fantasy tv show.

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
Oh yeah, somewhere in there was a proggy-sounding synth keyboard loop. Sounded a little like Phillip Glass or something. Anybody know what that was?

Wakeman's noodling from Roundabout?
I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

dontuknowimloko?

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »
They belong in a museum!

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
What was the "Hey Dummy." thing from?

I think someone said that was from The Master as well.
I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Sorry if this is answered above but where is the terrifying "Nerds!" stuff from....this collage really is like a Hieronymous Bosch painting of our times.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »
Yeah, I used to like Hardwick, but that loop of him kind of made me hate him and the whole idea of "nerds"

wood and iron

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
Sorry if this is answered above but where is the terrifying "Nerds!" stuff from....this collage really is like a Hieronymous Bosch painting of our times.

Chris Hardwick's stand up.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »
The call from "kill all the criminal guys" on the NJ talk radio show is scarier than Frankie Teardrop. I'm glad Tom's reigned in that bit. It's terrifying.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »
The call from "kill all the criminal guys" on the NJ talk radio show is scarier than Frankie Teardrop. I'm glad Tom's reigned in that bit. It's terrifying.

"I'm not gonna disagree with you."

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 03:45:40 AM »

Fairly certain its the 2012 one

Yes. December 18, 2012:

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=48655&archive=84070&starttime=2:09:39

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
Yeah, I used to like Hardwick, but that loop of him kind of made me hate him and the whole idea of "nerds"

Yeah, I still enjoy Hardwick greatly, but I've always disliked his grandstanding of "nerd" culture. "Nerds" are no more special than any other labelled group of people, yet he fetishizes them greatly. Why label your personality so that you squeeze yourself into a tiny box and scowl disdainfully at those who are even the slightest bit outside of it?