Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128818 times)

cutout

• Space Champion!
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2013, 12:37:07 AM »
"Doesn't smell, doesn't burn, isn't greasy." — slogan for next TBSoWFMU marathon merch

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
Opening section from Street Hassle.

Argh!  That's it! Haven't heard that song in 25 years.

RickInSaltLake

• Policemans heel
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
"Doesn't smell, doesn't burn, isn't greasy." — slogan for next TBSoWFMU marathon merch

Exactly. That slogan would be great on a shirt...

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »

Exactly. That slogan would be great on a shirt...

Except for those occasions when Tom's Newbridgian friends and coworkers start dancin' to that greasy, greasy, funk.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »
i believe you guys mean to say "greazy".

Mr. Colin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »
The Hardwick bit in the audio collage makes me think of this (this is as funny as contemporary German comedy gets, and second best is a long way down from here) Bernd das Brot aka Bernd the Bread - NERD PARTY subtitled English just for you!

Crusherkc

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
This is turning into the blob.  The collage is now approx 19 minutes.  I think if it can reach 22 minutes we'd have a proper LP side.  I kinda liked losing the right-wing radio shit in favor of Ice Cube's "you think you colder than me?!?" to a can of Coors Light. Speaking of...Mike sounding like a Batman villain: "Do you have puppy dogs hee hee he he"

Porcupine Pie...another scoop please?
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »
It's official! The audio collage may now be referred to as "Tom's Comedy Jam."
See God, Kai

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2013, 02:36:35 PM »
MR MOONLIGHT! *kazoo solo*

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »
It is The Weirdos Exposed Audio Book.

Crusherkc

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
It is The Weirdos Exposed Audio Book.

Perhaps some clips of John Wesley Shipp as the Flasher might be added, hmm?
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

heliumsocket

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2013, 04:21:08 PM »
My two suggestions for the collage are:

Jay Leno bombing.

http://wikisend.com/download/453480/LenoCaseyAnthony.wav

Spike singing the National Anthem. I chopped them up into Spike's individual segments, as well as a long version of Spike and Tom duetting.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lw42xi

Brandon0476

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2013, 05:33:13 PM »
I wasn't familiar with "Porcupine Pie" so I looked it up to see who sung it. As I was searching, I came across a site called songmeanings.com. On their entry for Porcupine Pine, the sole comment (from 7 years ago) is the following: "Don't you dare ask Tom Scharpling of WFMU 90.1 NJ fame to play a request, or you'll get a heaping plateful of Porcupine Pie!"

I wonder if it was Tom himself who posted it. It was pretty funny to find, nonetheless. I'm still making my through the archives, so I wasn't aware that was something Tom used to do.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
Hey FOT,
   I see bits and pieces in the Best/Worst thread, but figured it might be nice to compile all of the pieces we can identify in one easy-to-access definitive list in a separate thread.  The whole thing intrigues me, as it's very different from what I'm used to in The Best Show, but I think that's part of the point.  I can tell some pieces, but I am curious about the source of others, so I figure the board would be the best place to go.  Additions don't need to be added in the specific chronological order they were added in the show, but being as specific to the original source would be helpful, if possible.  Thanks, in advance!  Here's what I've got, so far, off the top of my head:

Frankie Teardrop by Suicide
Pigpen's "jams" with Grateful Dead
Chuck Woolery's ads for (virtually painfree) catheters
Another Chuck Woolery ad.  (I can't remember the product)
A voice repeating "SPRING BREAK".  (Source?)
Nick Swardson thanking an audience for supporting Grandma's Boy
An excerpt from Andrew Dice Clay's "Hour Back...Get It?" bit on "The Day The Laughter Died"(?)
A bit from Andrew Dice Clay's podcast mentioning something along the lines of "Your podcast is your podcast, my podcast is my podcast".  (Episode/context?)
The opening syllable of "SOME!" from Smash Mouth's "All Star"
Andy Kindler's imitation riff of Pigpen's innuendo-laden ramblings.
Seth Green talking about trying to get a movie made(? Source?)
A call on a conservative radio call-in show about police using necessary force to take care of criminals.

I think that's about all I've got for now.  Thanks, again, for any help in keeping this up to date!

-Zach
   Hey Zach, want to take a stab at IDs for the collage in its most recent incarnation (9/10/2013)? Lots there I have no clue about

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:59 PM »
It was pretty funny to find, nonetheless. I'm still making my through the archives, so I wasn't aware that was something Tom used to do.

It will happen again.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."