Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128737 times)

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
I still like Ricky Gervais overall because even his level of twitter idiocy cant wash out the brilliant old radio shows and The Office, but listening to that clip it's bizarre that someone famous for playing/creating the most oblivious fictional tools of all time has become one of the most oblivious real life tools in showbiz. Never seen such a respected comedy name go in the toilet faster.

It's crazy that he sort of became a version of David Brent - sublimely arrogant and clueless, and totally oblivious to how he's actually seen by most people.

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »
I've only seen the first episode of Derek, but can someone explain why Gervais is so blind to... something? Is it that he went "full retard" and won't admit it?

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
^
He got tons of awards and praise for the first two seasons of The Office and then his show b/c a huge thing in the States.  Plus having a hit podcast before people knew what podcasts were added to his Legend.  These things put the zap on his head and he's been coasting since on mediocrity and the humbleness of his more talented partner Stephen Merchant.  I don't think he was truly acting much in The Office, in retrospection.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »
^
He got tons of awards and praise for the first two seasons of The Office and then his show b/c a huge thing in the States.  Plus having a hit podcast before people knew what podcasts were added to his Legend.  These things put the zap on his head and he's been coasting since on mediocrity and the humbleness of his more talented partner Stephen Merchant.  I don't think he was truly acting much in The Office, in retrospection.

I guess we'll find out this weekend when "Hey Ladies" premieres who the more talented one is, the trailers look like it will be funny.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »
How is it possible that there's nothing from VU's The Gift in the collage already?

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »
How is it possible that there's nothing from VU's The Gift in the collage already?

Hmm. Personally, I feel like "The Gift" is it's own, very specific audio collage world.

However, there's a specific guitar moment from "I heard her call my name" that's been discussed on the show. I think that one could be deployed to thrilling/horrifying effect.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
I've said it before but I'll say it again:

VELLkomm tu dae MAEKschau!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
The video of the Kelsey Grammer fall is deeply satisfying

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2013, 06:56:49 AM »
The Kelsey Grammer one has been over used way too much on shock jock radio shows, but it still makes me laugh.

voivod

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2013, 05:56:20 AM »
The Grammer one is timeless. I'd love to hear the drill sound from the Italian restaurant.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
Others that do the Grammer bit leave out the best part the last "shhh ohhh".

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2013, 01:59:20 AM »
What was the funky second song that was directly after the Suicide song at the beginning.

Michael from Toronto

• Policemans heel
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
Black Sabbath-Hand of Doom

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
That's funny, I was thinking that was pretty funky myself, and usually Black Sabbath is not associated with funky.

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
The Paul Stanley additions were strokes of genius