Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128693 times)

dutch

• Policemans heel
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »
What's the "who likes to get high", "who likes alcohol" stage banter stuff?

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2013, 03:46:26 PM »
It's Paul Stanley's in-concert intro to "Cold Gin."  You can hear one version of it here:

"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2013, 05:32:42 PM »

It's from a collection of Paul Stanley stage banter that has been making the rounds.  So good...

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-armes/45-minutes-of-paul-stanley

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2013, 01:05:06 AM »
The Paul Stanley samples remind me of one of my favorite Best Show moments- when Tom compares Howard Dean's screaming to the stage antics of Cronos from Venom.

Machine Elf

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2013, 12:33:24 PM »
I actually registered after prowling for a long time, JUST to correct you, son.

It IS loneliness not superstar! And do you know what pedantic means??

“Loneliness” by the Carpenters

It's "Superstar," son.  Sorry to be pedantic!

“Big boys don’t cry. Be quiet” (don't know source)

I think this is from "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc.

Man, this collage.  Good lord.

Machine Elf

« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
I would be absolutely blown the hell away if that's not Stern. I am positive it is.

So no one has a clue as to the "sex slave" call?  I could be wrong on both counts but I think it is early Howard Stern and a young Scharpling.

That's definitely not Howard Stern. Howard had a much more nasally voice in the 80s.

I'm pretty sure - based only on the host's speech pattern - that it's W. Alan B. Colmes (of Hannity & Colmes fame) during his period as a shock jock on WABC in the 1980s.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »
I would be absolutely blown the hell away if that's not Stern. I am positive it is.

So no one has a clue as to the "sex slave" call?  I could be wrong on both counts but I think it is early Howard Stern and a young Scharpling.

That's definitely not Howard Stern. Howard had a much more nasally voice in the 80s.

I'm pretty sure - based only on the host's speech pattern - that it's W. Alan B. Colmes (of Hannity & Colmes fame) during his period as a shock jock on WABC in the 1980s.

I am positive its Alan Colmes too.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
I am kind of shocked that this is even a debate? EVERYONE should have this song memorized by now, it's a straight up superjam, SUPERSTAR by the Carpenters:

Carpenters - Superstar

The 2nd verse:

"Loneliness is a such a sad affair
 And I can hardly wait to be with you again"

“Loneliness” by the Carpenters

It's "Superstar," son.  Sorry to be pedantic!

“Big boys don’t cry. Be quiet” (don't know source)

I think this is from "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc.

Man, this collage.  Good lord.

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »

I do know what pedantic means.  And I know you're wrong about the Carpenters song.  It's "Superstar" and it's awesome.  See forum member mostlymeat's post above.

And I hope forum member DadHasADD knows I was joking when I called him "son."
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Machine Elf is now damaged goods.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »
Machine Elf is now damaged goods.

Sounds like a line from an early 80s Star Wars knockoff.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Stummies

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2013, 04:13:07 AM »
I came to the FOT forum looking specifically for an answer to this question. Thanks for this thread. Had to register just to ask...

What is the source of the guy saying something like "I wanna get it, you're gonna give it, gotta get it on a picnic..."? Sounds like something from a show call because I think I can hear people laughing in the background. Has this been ID'd yet? Thanks!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
Andy K doing his best Pigpen.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »
I came to the FOT forum looking specifically for an answer to this question. Thanks for this thread. Had to register just to ask...

What is the source of the guy saying something like "I wanna get it, you're gonna give it, gotta get it on a picnic..."? Sounds like something from a show call because I think I can hear people laughing in the background. Has this been ID'd yet? Thanks!

Andy K doing his best Pigpen.

I'll be that nerd who goes ahead and gives a little more detail. The clip in question probably came from this show: "August 6, 2013: ANDY KINDLER talks Adam Carolla and Pigpen. AP Mike is Judas to Deadheads. Henry Rollins was on Jeff Garlin's podcast. Mike from Stonebridge checks in. Tom gets stuck in an elevator. Stephen from Chicago receives a peculiar letter. #AndrewWhoClay"

Pigpen is a long-deceased member of the Dead who AP Mike claims is the "first rapper". Comedian Andy Kindler likes to call the show, and him and Tom will often discuss how Tom goofs on some of Andy's favorite music. But even the most ardent of Deadheads agree that PigPen is wide-open for mockery.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
Tom is goofing on these things? I thought he was playing all these Andrew Dice Clay, Stephen Dorff, Seth Green and Chris Hardwick clips because he was a fan.