Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128754 times)

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2013, 10:40:40 AM »
What is that clip from a couple weeks ago, used a few times, of a kid throwing down on some grown-ups? Like Tom, I find kids fighting old people hilarious and need to know!

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
What is that clip from a couple weeks ago, used a few times, of a kid throwing down on some grown-ups? Like Tom, I find kids fighting old people hilarious and need to know!

I believe you're referring to Jason Woliner's immortal star turn as "Bratty Kid" in the major motion picture Weekend At Bernie's 2

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure unless memory fails that the original stereo pressings of White Light/White Heat had the spoken word part of "The Gift" all the way over on one channel and the instrumental "Booker T" all the way on the other.

That's true! A few months ago during the Invisible Man / Invisible Hipster monologue, I threw together 90 seconds of audio from the movie with the right channel of "The Gift." Maybe I should take the Invisible Hipster dialogue and put it on the left channel! When you have the instrument track isolated, the possibilities are endless!

Here's "The Gift" vs. "The Invisible Man" if you're interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/upueie46psp2p81/The%20Gift%20Vs%20The%20Invisible%20Man.mp3

This is cool.

What's the invisible hipster?

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=50665&archive=87691

Treeclimber

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
I thought I heard a little bit of the riff of NIB by Black Sabbath during Queen Bitch.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »
I thought I heard a little bit of the riff of NIB by Black Sabbath during Queen Bitch.

It's  "Hand of Doom" ... Tom's used it in more recent versions of the collage.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2013, 08:41:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure unless memory fails that the original stereo pressings of White Light/White Heat had the spoken word part of "The Gift" all the way over on one channel and the instrumental "Booker T" all the way on the other.

That's true! A few months ago during the Invisible Man / Invisible Hipster monologue, I threw together 90 seconds of audio from the movie with the right channel of "The Gift." Maybe I should take the Invisible Hipster dialogue and put it on the left channel! When you have the instrument track isolated, the possibilities are endless!

Here's "The Gift" vs. "The Invisible Man" if you're interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/upueie46psp2p81/The%20Gift%20Vs%20The%20Invisible%20Man.mp3

This is cool.

What's the invisible hipster?

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=50665&archive=87691

I must have forgotten about that.

Did anybody ever figure out who the British guy was?

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
^
Are you talking about Ricky Gervais?  "I always throw in a bit o' pathos"
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
^

No, its the other one where the guy sounds irritated and says "there's not a soggy patch on there".

narwhale

• Policemans heel
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »
^

No, its the other one where the guy sounds irritated and says "there's not a soggy patch on there".

Gordon Ramsay from Kitchen Nightmares or Hell's Kitchen.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2013, 07:53:55 PM »
I am really disappointed. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( 

On the 10/22/13 at 1:55:25  a dude called in and did this like crappy impersonation solo of Coheed and Cambria.  Tom said it would be in the audio collage but I haven't heard it yet.  It was hilarious and I would love to see it used.

Can someone pull this for me as an mp3? It would help me a lot and I don't want this dude disappointed in me.

Thanks!

Tom.

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2013, 12:54:28 AM »
I am really disappointed. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( 

On the 10/22/13 at 1:55:25  a dude called in and did this like crappy impersonation solo of Coheed and Cambria.  Tom said it would be in the audio collage but I haven't heard it yet.  It was hilarious and I would love to see it used.

Can someone pull this for me as an mp3? It would help me a lot and I don't want this dude disappointed in me.

Thanks!

Tom.

https://app.box.com/s/steosuisejq8is0sldvv

csgersbeck

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »
It made it to last night's collage! Good work!

heliumsocket

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
Was that Longmont Potion Castle? The section with the two guys on the phone talking about Pink Floyd
concerts?

tbennett

• Policemans heel
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
Was that Longmont Potion Castle? The section with the two guys on the phone talking about Pink Floyd
concerts?

I was wondering that too.  It sounds like the same conversation sampled on a black lips record, Arabian Mountain (?)

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
concerts?

It's a phone conversation between two guys named Derek and Kurt. Kurt made and recorded the call during which he knew just the right questions to ask to get Derek to say some of the greatest things I've ever heard. Based on references made I've been able to determine that the call is from 1993. I first heard it sometime in the late 90s/early 00s. The call was the equivalent of "Rock, Rot & Rule" among touring metal bands of that time.

The entire call is nearly 45 minutes. I cut it up into individual tracks as there are a few times that Derek puts Kurt on hold for a couple of minutes. I uploaded the call to my Google Drive. Have at it!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw-_rbWKUrXSZnd0T1pxbVlpLTQ&usp=sharing