Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128758 times)

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2013, 12:29:17 AM »
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
That's just the tip of the ice cube.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »
I want to hear the little squeak Billy Joel's keytarist makes when his master kicks off of him.  Weeweeeweewee
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2013, 05:18:23 AM »
Tom and Opie and Anthony must get their clips from the same place, first the "Kelsey Grammer" clip and  now the "Diablo Sandwich" clip.

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »
I've never seen Breaking Bad but that clanging bell really freaks me out...who know Tom was the Garden State Stockhausen?
Stockhausen? Hmmm, I was thinking more Parmigiani
veni dixie vici

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
I've never seen Breaking Bad but that clanging bell really freaks me out...who know Tom was the Garden State Stockhausen?

Yeah, I was going for name recognition but knew Stockhausen wasn't the perfect fit.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »

I aprove of these references..
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2013, 07:43:53 AM »
I fully expect a "Does anybody remember laughter" at some point before the show ends.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »
I fully expect a "Does anybody remember laughter" at some point before the show ends.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/robert_plant_is_still_embarrassed_about_his_does_anybody_remember_laughter

If Tom has access to any Zep bootlegs, there's lots of stoned Plant babble to choose from. That's just the most famous example.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »

Yeah, I was going for name recognition but knew Stockhausen wasn't the perfect fit.

Yeah, Parmegiani isn't either, really.  Tom's incomparable pieces are in a class by themselves.
veni dixie vici

Benevenstanciano

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2013, 02:59:39 AM »
My dream for the last sound collage is that he includes that bit from "Marquee Moon" but let's it play to that really pretty, shimmering part just after that (sorry, awful at describing specific moments in music). But that moment has always been so heavenly to me, and it has such an air of finality to it.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/robert_plant_is_still_embarrassed_about_his_does_anybody_remember_laughter

If Tom has access to any Zep bootlegs, there's lots of stoned Plant babble to choose from. That's just the most famous example.

I would love to hear more Plant rambling moments.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
What is that clip from a couple weeks ago, used a few times, of a kid throwing down on some grown-ups? Like Tom, I find kids fighting old people hilarious and need to know!

I believe you're referring to Jason Woliner's immortal star turn as "Bratty Kid" in the major motion picture Weekend At Bernie's 2

It's actually from the original cult classic.  Let's not talk about the sequel.

-Zach

Pete dC

• Policemans heel
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »
wow, thanks for sharing that upload! much appreciated.

Was that Longmont Potion Castle? The section with the two guys on the phone talking about Pink Floyd
concerts?

It's a phone conversation between two guys named Derek and Kurt. Kurt made and recorded the call during which he knew just the right questions to ask to get Derek to say some of the greatest things I've ever heard. Based on references made I've been able to determine that the call is from 1993. I first heard it sometime in the late 90s/early 00s. The call was the equivalent of "Rock, Rot & Rule" among touring metal bands of that time.

The entire call is nearly 45 minutes. I cut it up into individual tracks as there are a few times that Derek puts Kurt on hold for a couple of minutes. I uploaded the call to my Google Drive. Have at it!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw-_rbWKUrXSZnd0T1pxbVlpLTQ&usp=sharing