Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128825 times)

cowboydan

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Audio Collage Pieces
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
Pretty sure that laughing is Pete Holmes

EYES ON THE PRIZE

RReynolds

• Policemans heel
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »
That was Joe Rogan? I was wondering what that was from. Have a link to the source video?

From his kettle bell infomercial. I'm ashamed of the speed in which I recognized him. https://youtu.be/ni-gh2L3pfY?t=5m55s
Sometimes as I'm floating away I wish I could stay, Then I arrive among the dropping flies

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2015, 07:31:05 PM »
I wish there was some kind of annotated sound cloud thing-y where as each collage plays little notes pop up detailing the source as it starts

I shall take the bait on this one. Here's the collage from the Christmas Eve Eve show:

https://soundcloud.com/rpm1200/thebestshownet-collage-1

I'm commenting as much as I can based on this thread but if anyone wants to jump in and comment some more that would be great.

Hey RPM, never noticed you did this! Thanks! I listened to the first few minutes and didn't see any tags pop up. Are we supposed to supply the IDs in the comments section? I thought as the samples came up there would be IDs but maybe that's where we come in!

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2015, 10:41:03 AM »
I wish there was some kind of annotated sound cloud thing-y where as each collage plays little notes pop up detailing the source as it starts

I shall take the bait on this one. Here's the collage from the Christmas Eve Eve show:

I'm commenting as much as I can based on this thread but if anyone wants to jump in and comment some more that would be great.

Hey RPM, never noticed you did this! Thanks! I listened to the first few minutes and didn't see any tags pop up. Are we supposed to supply the IDs in the comments section? I thought as the samples came up there would be IDs but maybe that's where we come in!

Aaargh! I had a lot of comments in there and they are all gone now! Sometimes when I load the soundcloud page it says "20 comments" and other times "0 comments" but I don't see the actual comments anymore. If I go to my notifications they are all there but no-one but me can see that. Computers suck.

But anyway, that is how it's supposed to work, you are supposed to be able to see the comments on the timeline and they will also pop up as the clip plays.

I like how Tom put some hip hop into the collage before the most recent one. Assuming that's an answer to the caller who claimed he never plays hip hop anymore. I recognized "Microphone Fiend" by Eric B and Rakim but could not ID the beat boxing tracks.

I hope Tom finds all his lost soundboards. Computers suck.

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
Try coming in from: https://soundcloud.com/tags/billyjoelsucks

And click back and forth between the track and the hashtags. I got the comments to show up once or twice doing that. They still don't show up on the timeline or pop up as they should but it's something. I tried asking soundcloud for support but no reply.

In the 9/29 sound collage, who is singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame and talking about the musical Damn Yankees?

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2015, 04:56:49 PM »
Hey can someone please add a comment to the Soundcloud track? Their tech support says all the comments will come back if someone other than me makes a comment.
Thanks!

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
Thank you Lazerworth, that brought back the comments!

thejamootz

• Policemans heel
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2015, 09:17:51 PM »
In the 9/29 sound collage, who is singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame and talking about the musical Damn Yankees?
Pretty sure that's Bob Dylan.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2015, 02:43:11 AM »
Pretty sure that's Bob Dylan.

I'm pretty sure that's from Theme Time Radio Hour too.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2015, 11:22:54 PM »
Yes, Dylan on his radio show about baseball songs

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »
Thank you all. I thought maybe it was Billy Crystal doing a goofy voice.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
Sound collage samples
« Reply #296 on: February 17, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »
You know how some obsessive people years back made a website dedicated to listing all samples and lyrical references from the Beastie Boys album "Paul's Boutique?"

http://www.paulsboutique.info/

I feel like Tom's sound collages deserve this treatment. Maybe not a whole website but at least a thread on this forum. I can offer up a few and would love if others could fill in others.

Apologies in advance if this has already been started somewhere else. Allow me to start:

"Frankie Teardrop" - Suicide
"Spinning Wheel" - Blood, Sweat, & Tears
"Nights in White Satin" - The Moody Blues
"Larks' Tongue in Aspic, Pt. 1" -  King Crimson
"Touch Me" - The Doors
"Sleep Now in the Fire" - Rage Against the Machine
"Oh good lord!" - Kelsey Grammer falling off a stage
"Not quite my tempo" - J.K. Simmons from Whiplash
Independence Day soliloquy - Bill Pullman
Papa John soliloquy - Mike Francesa
Car make-out filth soliloquy - Garrison Keillor

What else do we have? I am dying to know who is behind the "British countdown" that has been starting the collages off lately. And the Bentley defecation comment.

Thanks!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Chad from The Woodlands

• Policemans heel
Re: Sound collage samples
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2016, 12:08:02 PM »
Is the countdown Hawkwind's "Countdown"?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »
Is the countdown Hawkwind's "Countdown"?
I assumed it was.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
I am dying to know who is behind the "British countdown" that has been starting the collages off lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOn5RUj5fVk#