Author Topic: Sound collage samples  (Read 128740 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Sound collage samples
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2016, 09:03:49 PM »
that was from the Tompersonation contest where all the guy did was go "WAAAAAHH!!! I DON'T WANT TO DO THE SHOW! I DON'T WANT TO DO THE SHHOOOWWWWWW!!!!!" without identifying himself. tom really got a kick out of it. he does kind of sound like steinberg but i'm not sure if it was him or not (brett davis did call in with kind of a low-key impersonation earlier in that episode, or maybe later i forget)
That's P.C. Mike aka "that dude that sounds like Chuck Klosterman."

How can you tell?
Two hints:

Check Mike's Skype Thing.

Ask Epic Soundtracks
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

perfumed_chained

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
Yeah, that's my Tompersonation. It's not too far off from my normal speaking voice (if you can imagine) and, as Fredericks said, there's a year's worth of me talking on the Skype thing. It's half just verbatim something I think Tom said at one point and half an imitation of the sound of my 3 year-old niece making her baby doll cry. 

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2016, 11:05:18 PM »
that was from the Tompersonation contest where all the guy did was go "WAAAAAHH!!! I DON'T WANT TO DO THE SHOW! I DON'T WANT TO DO THE SHHOOOWWWWWW!!!!!" without identifying himself. tom really got a kick out of it. he does kind of sound like steinberg but i'm not sure if it was him or not (brett davis did call in with kind of a low-key impersonation earlier in that episode, or maybe later i forget)

How can you tell?
Two hints:

Ask Epic Soundtracks

I didn't think that guy had it in him.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »

How can you tell?
Two hints:

Ask Epic Soundtracks

I didn't think that guy had it in him.
He's full of surprises.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

andbutso

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2016, 01:13:16 PM »
Does anyone know where these two come from?

-The guy saying 'I got it I gotta get it I want it ya gotta have it gotta want it' etc.

-The recording of some sort of interview where a guy says he's in a band from New Jersey, interviewer asks what they sound like, guy says 'Heavy stuff,' interviewer says 'Oh that's not what we want. We want something like Chick Corea' and they guy says 'Oh yeah we're soft. We do jazzy stuff'.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2016, 03:27:33 PM »
Does anyone know where these two come from?

-The guy saying 'I got it I gotta get it I want it ya gotta have it gotta want it' etc.

-The recording of some sort of interview where a guy says he's in a band from New Jersey, interviewer asks what they sound like, guy says 'Heavy stuff,' interviewer says 'Oh that's not what we want. We want something like Chick Corea' and they guy says 'Oh yeah we're soft. We do jazzy stuff'.

The first one is Andy Kindler doing his Pig Pen impression on the show.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
what is that weird whooshing sound in the most recent collage? (it shows up for the first time about 1:33:35 in)

mnstrfrc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
what is that weird whooshing sound in the most recent collage? (it shows up for the first time about 1:33:35 in)
  I believe this "whooshing sound" is SJP reacting to the solar eclipse

mnstrfrc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2018, 08:57:59 PM »
Anyone know the identity of Gorplex 8243? Kind of sounds like Jon Daly.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
STEAMROLL CHUMPS IN 2018, NO TIME FOR LOONS

breadharrity

• Policemans heel
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »

sounds more like Rob Riggle to me. Anyone know where the "make that music with your mouth" clip comes from? Also looking for the exact episode when "Hi I'm Dennis" happened.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

madeline

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2018, 09:26:18 PM »
Does anybody know where the spooky "woooo oooo ooo" sample is from? It's like a high pitched dude singing? It appears several times throughout the sound collages but I just can't place it.

mnstrfrc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
Does anybody know where the spooky "woooo oooo ooo" sample is from? It's like a high pitched dude singing? It appears several times throughout the sound collages but I just can't place it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChONufP0FEs

background vocal to Gimme Shelter

FredN.

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »
I need to know this. It's been bugging me all year, and especially since it popped up on the last episode.
Google is useless on this - I thought it was "Korplex" but even trying every variation on that plus using a "G" instead, I get nothing!