Author Topic: Steven Universe or Tom gets his chance to voice a cartoon character  (Read 13343 times)

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Steven Universe or Tom gets his chance to voice a cartoon character
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
Show has been renewed!

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 12:01:10 AM »
Bumping this thread again to sharethis song Tom sings in a recent episode. Tom's character had a lot to do in this past week's worth of episodes. I love the father/son relationship in this show. Stick around after the song for a great joke about it too.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »
I just watched the time travel episode with Steven's dad trying to get the boat out of the car wash. This show is beyond charming and he just makes it even funnier.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

bigginsjp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 12:01:17 PM »
Also, a nice write-up on the Steven Universe episode "The Message", featuring some very salient points about Tom's character Greg:

http://overmental.com/content/steven-universe-recap-the-message-8819

(I really like this show guys. Even if I do get ribbed about watching it from my spouse.)

Mr. Colin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »
The most recent episode is a total Tom de force.  More Scharpling singing than a WFMU Marathon!  Wurster as a sleazy manager named Marty who calls Tom's character something which will make all FOTs giggle!  Greg Universe revealed as a laid-back force for feminism!

Dip Apesworth

• Policemans heel
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2015, 05:57:40 AM »
A+ episode. Tom's delivery on "He's dead to me" is top notch. Also, I hope to see Marty again, what with him seeming to be the deadbeat dad of Sour Cream. My hope is still alive that Newbridge might exist in the same universe as Steven Universe. Marty just seems like he would fit right in. I wonder if Rebecca and the others wrote him with Jon in mind like they did for Tom's character?

I've been listening to the Best Show for six years, but now, when its on, this is the only image of me for Tom.

chi-koo

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 08:36:05 PM »
So, I'm an idiot and I just NOW figured out that Tom was the voice of Willie Nelson on Aqua Teen, which has been my favorite episode of ATHF for years.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »
So, I'm an idiot and I just NOW figured out that Tom was the voice of Willie Nelson on Aqua Teen, which has been my favorite episode of ATHF for years.

JUICE!
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
Nice head, I think I'll take it. Nice head, I think I'll take it....what?!...what are YOU doing here?

Dip Apesworth

• Policemans heel
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 12:55:22 AM »
Tom and Jon on Adventure Time this week!!! Total surprise. Check it out! Jon as a demon named "Bryce." It's too right.
chi-koo

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »
I reviewed BOOM! Studios' Steven Universe: Greg Universe Special #1 yesterday for work and it took everything in me not to mention Tom during the review.

Here's a link if you guys are so inclined (spoiler alert: its really great): http://www.newsarama.com/24331-best-shots-advance-reviews-silver-surfer-11-divergence-1-the-all-new-all-different-avengers-fight-club-2-1-steven-universe-greg-universe-special-1.html

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
The show is coming back for a week in June (15th-19th) at 6pm Eastern, so we will see more of the "plot/backstory" episodes in a wad, as Cartoon Network is wont to do.

Dip Apesworth

• Policemans heel
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »
STEVEN BOMB 2

Tom-heavy episode on 6/18?

chi-koo

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »
"We totally planned this!"

Man, I love this show and everyone involved.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 10:18:29 AM »
When it's all over there needs to be a cast album of Steven Universe songs, probably with two versions of some songs (TV and lengthened) to keep it from being an EP. Barring that, they could have an album titled Twee: The Music of Rebecca Sugar with her singing the music while Zach Condon of Beirut could play the ukulele. Album could also have her songs from Adventure Time for good measure.

All this week, more emotions will be probed by three lesbian space rocks and the small half-rock child they live with.