Author Topic: where to buy a Gary The Squirrel hand puppet?  (Read 6717 times)

crudland

• Plantar Fasciitis
where to buy a Gary The Squirrel hand puppet?
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »
Hey fellow FOTs,

Another long time Best Show listener finally chiming in to say how much the show has meant to me since I discovered it Summer of 2005.  I've been a regular listener and FMU donor ever since.

Quick question: does anyone know where I can buy my own Gary Tha Squirrel hand puppet?  I'd love to have one as a memento.  Gary has brought me such joy since his introduction to the show.

Is it this guy? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/200979150767?lpid=82  I think it is.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: where to buy a Gary The Squirrel hand puppet?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »
It might be the lighting, but I think Gary is a little darker-colored than that one.

It does look like the same design with the hands and the feet being darker than the rest of the body.

bananagrabbers

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »
I saw Gary at a Barnes and Noble, down in the Kids section. I wish I would've asked for his autograph.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Folkmanis-2553-Gray-Squirrel-Puppet/dp/B000IJGULG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387507973&sr=8-1&keywords=squirrel+hand+puppet

He does have the tell tale nut in his paw. I also get a kick out of people writing reviews for a puppet on Amazon.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
I can't find it now, but I remember seeing a tweet recently with a photo of a bunch of the same puppets at the kid's interactive exhibit of Noah's Ark at the Skirball Museum in LA (http://www.skirball.org/noahsark/noahsark). I was just there a week before I saw the photo, and I didn't notice Gary there. Now I want to go back!

Michael from Toronto

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
I found Gary hanging out in an art supply store this weekend.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
It's definitely the Folkmanis Gray Squirrel puppet. I'm a children's librarian and, being pretty steeped in puppets for work, I recognized him right away.

I have a turtlenecked turtle I use for storytime, and named him Gareth as an homage to Gary the Squirrel. As it turns out, preschoolers hear Gareth and just say Gary anyway, so now his name is Gary.

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 01:48:08 AM »
One of the 5 Star reviews says "Lots of fun for annoying a squirrel hating neighbor." I wonder if this person lives next door to Mike.
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

bigginsjp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 01:32:54 PM »
We found (and eventually purchased) a Gary puppet at a Wild Birds Unlimited store. Not sure if those shops exist outside of the Midwest.

I had my family in stiches as I stood in the store, loudly impersonating Gary with his signature "I'm gonna BOP you in the nose!" and "bup-it-da-bup-it-da-bup-it-da-bup-it-da-"s...