Author Topic: Mike's Skype Thing  (Read 59387 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Mike's Skype Thing
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
I could only add people already in my contacts.

It was funny anyway.

Appreciate your enthusiasm and support for Mike's Skype Thing, Kormodd.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 08:40:22 PM »
And I appreciate you guys doing it. The Skype Thing is pretty fun, overall.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 09:23:50 PM »
Here's an example of "weird fiction," for those who are unfamiliar with it: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/o.aspx

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
I'm a smoker, and I don't find the way Rustin Cohle smokes to be particularly strange. Holding the cigarette between your thumb and index finger is unorthodox, but it's not verboten among real smokers. I mainly prefer to hold a cigarette between my index finger and middle finger, but I've held one between my thumb and index finger before, and I've seen other people do it too.

And yeah, I'm trying to kick the habit by using e-cigarettes.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »
I'm a smoker, and I don't find the way Rustin Cohle smokes to be particularly strange. Holding the cigarette between your thumb and index finger is unorthodox, but it's not verboten among real smokers. I mainly prefer to hold a cigarette between my index finger and middle finger, but I've held one between my thumb and index finger before, and I've seen other people do it too.

Bad guys always hold their cigarettes oddly. Haven't you seen Coffee and Cigarettes.

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
And I'm reading The King in Yellow now. In it, "The King in Yellow" is a play that drives the people who read it crazy and makes them devotees of the King in Yellow, who seems to be some sort of unpleasant divinity who lives on another planet; his followers want to overthrow the U.S. government and appoint an emperor to represent the Yellow King on Earth. So far, human sacrifice isn't demanded, but murder is deemed necessary to eliminate unsuitable pretenders to the emperor-ship (a complicated genealogy is created by one of the characters to determine who this person is). Mike would no doubt find the book to be pure junk, but I'm enjoying it.

Mike: Why waste your time watching a show you don't like? Instead of spending your time watching the last three episodes of True Detective, why not reread Hamlet or something?

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2014, 04:51:41 PM »

Bad guys always hold their cigarettes oddly. Haven't you seen Coffee and Cigarettes.

I've seen it. I've never really put much thought into how characters in movies smoke cigarettes (I had to rewatch one of the scenes in True Detective to see what Mike was talking about). I guess I need to start paying more attention to what I watch.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »
I guess I need to start paying more attention to what I watch.

You and most other folks.

Tom loves you.

It's been documented.

P.S. It is in the the first scene.

Someone stole my copy (Probably the NSA.).

You become what you consume, Marshall McLuhan

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2014, 07:13:10 PM »
I guess I need to start paying more attention to what I watch.
Tom loves you.

Love is cheap. I love you, Sarah, Tom, AP Mike, Wurster, Larry Da Perv, Stan, Peter, buffcoat, nec13, cavorting with nudists, Wes, Tor Hershman, dave from knoxville, Jon H. Benjamin, Tim Heidecker, Joe Puppy, Omar, Spike, F.U.C.K., monica gems, Zach Galifianakis, Bryan, Steve Albini, Mike from Manhattan, Terre T, Aziz Ansari, Frank from Weehawken, monte_crisco, the President of the Spike Fan Club, AC Newman, Meat City Mike, and Trembling Eagle.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2014, 03:31:21 PM »
Back atcha, kid.

I just listened to an episode where Frank from Weehawken calls in as "Frank from Scotch Plains." It was jarring. He did manage to mention Mike in Manhattan, and Tom hung up on him on disgust, so all was normal at the end of the call.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
Back atcha, kid.

I just listened to an episode where Frank from Weehawken calls in as "Frank from Scotch Plains." It was jarring. He did manage to mention Mike in Manhattan, and Tom hung up on him on disgust, so all was normal at the end of the call.

One of my favorite all-time hang-ups was a Halloween when Frank asked Tom if he gave out big candy bars because he was rich .  Tom stumbled a bit, like a great hitter getting frozen by a change-up. Then he recovered and GOMP'ed Frank. Great memory.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »
is the show on tonite? i downloaded skype and have no fucking clue how to use it.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2014, 08:23:24 AM »
Yes, it was.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »
OK thanks...