Author Topic: Mike's Skype Thing  (Read 59509 times)

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
Re: Mike's Skype Thing
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »
Does Mike know what the Jack White story is that Tom never got around to telling? Did he donate a large sum or something?

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »
Did Fredricks just quote Sam Rockwell quoting Ghandi?

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome

fonpr

• Space Champion!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »
Fredericks check out Matt Dillon as Bukowski in the film Factotum. I think you can stream it on Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXMybzPJRc

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2014, 12:57:16 AM »
Tom had a thing with Satellite radio back in the day, there is a great story about him and Little Steven in the archives somewhere. Here is a blog post I found from back in the day.

THE FATE OF THE SHOW
SEPTEMBER 4, 2005

Hey everyone.

I wanted to write to let you know a few things about where the future of the radio show is at and about my move to Sirius satellite radio.

I've given it some thought, and I think that I'm going to try and give it another shot as far as smoothing things over with Little Steven. Being on satellite radio has been a goal of mine for years now, and to be so close yet so far away is something that has been taunting and tantalizing me all weekend long. I need to go for it. Perhaps compromise is the best way to approach this situation - after all, most of the great art and achievements throughout history have been arrived upon when a bunch of people put their heads together and came up with a collective decision. Perhaps I can try to do the Toilet Talk the way that Little Steven sees fit.

I'm going to swing by his mansion in a little bit to try and smooth things over. I'm thinking about bringing a gift by - something to 'bury the hatchet' as they say. Does anyone have any suggestions? A cake? A money clip? A gift certificate? Please email me with advice.

Another weird wrinkle is that it looks like Sirius radio owns pretty much every existing element of The Best Show On WFMU, including all performances and callers. So if you have been a regular caller, it looks like until this thing blows over and my lawyers get into it, your audio likenesses are owned by Sirius. I'm not trying to say that you can't use your voice to order food at a drive thru. I'm just saying that you might want to talk to a lawyer before calling into Sean Hannity for the forseeable future.

I will attempt to straighten this out as soon as I can. Please be patient.

Sad but determined -

http://www.friendsoftom.com/blogarchive.shtml

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2014, 07:38:09 AM »
Fredericks check out Matt Dillon as Bukowski in the film Factotum. I think you can stream it on Netflix.

Will do!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

Will do!

If you're a fan of The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie and Simon of the Desert you might like Bunuel's other films The Phantom of Liberty and The Milky Way.

The Milky Way - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNlJiMfAgM

The Phantom of Liberty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diRMikz_hhc

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Shades. The Exterminating Angel is on its  way. I'll add the others to the list.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »
TCM had one of its runs of foreign films the other night, so I DVRed a Bunuel (Diary of a Chambermaid), two Truffaut (The 400 Blows, Jules and Jim), and an Antonioni (La Notte).

I've seen Blow Up (eh), but I don't know that I've seen any Bunuel or Truffaut. I really like Kurosawa (I've seen everything but a couple of his earliest films), Bergman and Fellini, so I try out the other great non-American auteurs when I get the chance. I see on the schedule that I missed a couple of Louis Malle's movies, so I'll catch something by him next time around.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
I don't know that I've seen any Bunuel or Truffaut.

I found The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie to be a great place to start, Buffer.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
Yo is this thing on tonite or what?

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »
I think I just found the origin of Stan...he calls in 2/19/02 (listening from the beginning)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »
I think I just found the origin of Stan...he calls in 2/19/02 (listening from the beginning)
Who's Stan?

Oh, never mind. I got it figured out.