Author Topic: Rock, Rot & Rule coming to vinyl for Record Store Day!  (Read 10149 times)

jimakaclark

• Policemans heel
Re: Rock, Rot & Rule coming to vinyl for Record Store Day!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »
well even though this thread turning into an interesting discussion of un-edited versions of S&W calls, I thought i'd mention that  Rock Rot & Rule will be out on BLACK vinyl later this summer for those who can't make record store day or prefer black vinyl.

lowden11

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »
So who picked it up today? I had no such luck here in Brooklyn. I went to Rough Trade, and by the time I waited through the 2 hour line, someone snatched up the 1 copy that they carried in stock. Oh well!

spamheat

• Policemans heel
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
I found one left at Vertigo in Ottawa, Canada. Judging by Twitter, a lot of people were not able to get one in their local establishments.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2014, 07:17:09 PM »
Turn It Up! Records in Northampton, MA didn't get any copies, apparently. Newbury Comics across the street didn't have any either, but I wasn't really expecting them to. They might have been gone by the time I got there; I wasn't especially on a mission, what with the non-RSD release forthcoming.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »
Check with Flannelgraph Records who put it out. There were plenty of copies at Landlocked today.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
I picked up a copy at SULLIVAN'S RECORDS in Charleston, W.Va. I was home for Easter weekend. Dude who runs that store is so nice.  He had ordered a copy because I had asked him to. Not really a pre-order since it's first-come, first-serve, but it's pretty ace of him to do that.

The worst part about being back on campus is my copy is now 50+ miles away from me. It's so beautiful.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »
i got one from Good Records in Dallas and one from CD Source. One of them has a ding'd corner from being dropped, and I would probably sell it to an FoT. My cost plus shipping only :)
Your vigor for life appalls me.

ChrisInLR

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »
I nabbed a copy from Fond Object in Nashville, then hung around long enough to meet the man himself.
Best Record Store Day ever!

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »
i got one from Good Records in Dallas and one from CD Source. One of them has a ding'd corner from being dropped, and I would probably sell it to an FoT. My cost plus shipping only :)

I probably touched the copy you bought at Good Records [that sounds really creepy...but there it is]. I was there all night Friday helping unbox and shelve stuff; I also inflated a few hundred balloons.

DennyRock

• Policemans heel
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 10:49:22 AM »
Camped out at my local store and snagged one.  The whole experience was just incredible.  Hanging out with some music nerds for hours and hours to get a special release.  Good people.

And the red vinyl is beautiful.  Anyone know if the "Time will vindicate me" notation will be on the black vinyl?

Ribot4President

• Policemans heel
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »
I scored the first of five copies they had at Academy Records in Brooklyn.  Got in line a little before 8:00 (store opened at 10:00), I was the 4th person there.  Line at Rough Trade was already down the block by that point.

TimmyVonFaulkner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »
To people who scored a copy, how much did yours cost? I unfortunately couldn't get one but I was wondering what a fair price was.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »
i got one for 20 and one for 25

Confectionery

• Policemans heel
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »

I probably touched the copy you bought at Good Records [that sounds really creepy...but there it is]. I was there all night Friday helping unbox and shelve stuff; I also inflated a few hundred balloons.

I didn't realize the Dallas contingent of The Best Show was so strong. I called Forever Young Records in Grand Prairie and they said they weren't getting a copy. I figured any copies at Good Records or CD Source would be well gone.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
CD Source is the worst, what a shithole. With the exception of one extremely helpful and nice young lady, the employees are unhelpful pricks. Also, did I mention the corner was a bit crunched? Extremely lucky I found two copies :)