Author Topic: Best Show bit that I fully may have dreamed  (Read 512 times)

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
Best Show bit that I fully may have dreamed
« on: January 24, 2018, 03:48:28 PM »
Was there a phase of S&W calls where the concept of throwing ink in someone's face was prevalent? I hit the archives pretty regularly but still can't seem to get any definitive proof that I'm not imagining this. I swear I remember a call where someone describes seeing Alf at some kind of a banquet(?!) and throwing ink in his face. If I made that up, I'm still into it, but if anyone knows the call, I'd love to hear that too.

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Best Show bit that I fully may have dreamed
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »
And yes, this is my first post here in 10 years. It's that important to me!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
  • I don't give a rip!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:00:28 PM »
Was there a phase of S&W calls where the concept of throwing ink in someone's face was prevalent? I hit the archives pretty regularly but still can't seem to get any definitive proof that I'm not imagining this. I swear I remember a call where someone describes seeing Alf at some kind of a banquet(?!) and throwing ink in his face. If I made that up, I'm still into it, but if anyone knows the call, I'd love to hear that too.

Yess.... not in the early days. I can't remember whether it was ink but it was something they threw in people's faces. This would have been more recent (2010 or after?).

Omar?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:33:08 PM »
there was a thing they mentioned a few times around 2015-2016 about throwing balloons filled with pepto bismol in people's faces but i can't think of anything with ink

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »

Yess.... not in the early days. I can't remember whether it was ink but it was something they threw in people's faces. This would have been more recent (2010 or after?).

Omar?
For some reason I was thinking 2007-2008 range, but not sure.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
  • HOF / ROTY '07 / SOTY '08
    • Recidivism
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »

Omar?

I recall the Pepto-filled balloons, but I have no memory of the ink throwing (at Alf or others). If it did actually occur, I would be surprised if it was 2007-2008 because I have a very good knowledge of those calls having heard most of them multiple times.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

anything