Author Topic: Best Show Deep Cuts  (Read 31471 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Best Show Deep Cuts
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »
Re: Poster Children/Zeph, I can reveal that while there are two Zeph quick-hits in the Numero box, a couple of other meatier Zeph calls were ultimately not strongly considered because they were too wrapped up in that weird Poster Children feud and, in one case, featured a rather humorless Mr. Valentin.

This included his riffs on Thanksgiving with Rick and Rose where he was "in the cups”, talk of the appearance of “little Zeph,” taking PC drummer Howie Kantoff to task for wearing gloves, etc.  There was another call where he talked about slapping tethered rhinos to condition his hands for competitive slapfighting. He also wanted Marvel to consider a “Skillet Man” character.

Those are two of the best calls in the history of the Best Show. Zeph is my favorite all time Best Show caller, along with another proto-Zeph named Richard Rutherford from the Vice Presidential Debate calls.

Those call also feature "the toikey" and Zeph's revelation that while he lives in Columbia, South Carolina he is from, as the wrestlers say, "parts unknown."

I stand corrected on Rick not being Rick. He sort of tries to play along to the point where I thought it might be a ringer.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
Now, the guy playing Rick from Poster Children who talks to Zeph wasn't *actually* Rick from Poster Children.

Oh OK, I was thinking while listening, this guy can't possibly really be this smarmy, can he? nice acting, whoever he is!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 11:20:43 AM »
iago - I was wrong. Omar says that *is* Rick from Poster Children and he *is* that smarmy. Live and (don't) learn, I guess!

jxmitchell

• Policemans heel
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
Really enjoyed the "Seinfeld's agent calls Tom to cancel an interview" call on the November 22, 2005 episode. Not sure whether it's a true "dee cut" but I'd never heard it before, as some other things took president.

kevin g

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »
What I believe was a Philly Boy Roy call from years ago ended: "Hey, you're bein' sarcastic, ain't ya? Well I can be sarcastic, too: Go die!"

If anyone can identify this call, I'd love to hear it again. I've never been able to forget that line.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
iago - I was wrong. Omar says that *is* Rick from Poster Children and he *is* that smarmy. Live and (don't) learn, I guess!

WOW. OK, good to know! By the way, changing my moniker to Epic Soundtracks in a bit since that's what I go by on Fredericks/Mikes Skype thing!

Chooch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »
Not sure if this thread is the appropriate place for this, but I just came across AP Mike's first appearance on the show as a caller - December 9, 2003. Called in to bust Tom's balls on his taste in music. Tom proceeded to school him on the quality Dinosaur Jr. catalog and of Nirvana's post-Kurt legacy.

InspectorHound

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 05:12:54 PM »
time?

spamheat

• Policemans heel

Chooch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »
time?

Sorry, forgot to add that... Mike is on at about 2 hours and 51 minutes. Right after a terrible call from Petey (as if there was ever a good call).

This is after Petey's voice has changed significantly, and every time he says "Tommy" it creeps me out.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »
time?

Sorry, forgot to add that... Mike is on at about 2 hours and 51 minutes. Right after a terrible call from Petey (as if there was ever a good call).

This is after Petey's voice has changed significantly, and every time he says "Tommy" it creeps me out.

Missed it--I'm listening in order but always dive for the fast forward button when Petey came on (I think I'm out of the woods but I thought that with Stevie Blue and he keeps popping back up too)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »
His uncle Glen, let him rest in peace, was like vice president of Hasbro.

Time Dad

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 06:44:21 PM »
Can anyone please direct me to the Wurster calls that feature

a) A guy that walls himself up (?) in a building so he can hear a recording of a massively hyped unreleased album (that I think was Chinese Democracy)....

and/or

b) A reference a batting cage full of convicts fighting one another

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »

a) A guy that walls himself up (?) in a building so he can hear a recording of a massively hyped unreleased album (that I think was Chinese Democracy)....

and/or

Thank you.

A) is Ron Furst, or if you have any respect towards him: Mr. Furst.  July 12, 2011. He also heard Metallica, I believe (or maybe it was GWAR), do one of those front-to-back albums of the Band's Music From Big Pink.

Edit: I was wrong, it's Slayer.

JRSly

• Policemans heel
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2014, 02:15:12 AM »

and/or

Thank you.
B) I believe would be the call from Congressman Robert Monroe on March 15, 2011.