Author Topic: Getting Christmas (the band) Albums Reissued?  (Read 2914 times)

Anonymous37

• Plantar Fasciitis
Getting Christmas (the band) Albums Reissued?
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
Hey Tom,

I've been listening to all of the tracks by Christmas (the band that later became Combustible Edison) on YouTube I can find.  I remember that you played a bunch of them on the show a few years ago, and they got a mention in the Supercluster Big Dipper anthology, having written "When Men Were Trains".

This may be beyond your powers, but since you managed to get Big Dipper's albums re-released, is there any way you can do the same thing for In Excelsior Dayglo, Ultraprophets of Thee Psykick Revolution, and Vortex

Or maybe you'll tell me to do it my damn self.  I'm okay with that, except that I have no idea how to do it.  How do you get a label like IRS Records to rerelease cult albums?

Sincerely,
Anonymous37

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Getting Christmas (the band) Albums Reissued?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »
I floated it on Facebook.

We're gonna make this happen. It has to happen.

Great suggestion. It all started with you, son. TOO BAD YOU ARE ANONYMOUS.

Tom.

Anonymous37

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 03:13:41 AM »
Holy crap.  Wow, if this actually happens, being able to buy a copy to listen to will be amazing.  Thank you!

Tom, I hugely appreciate you floating this on Facebook.  Um, should I contact you via e-mail to see if there's any legwork I can and should do?  I got laid off a couple of days ago (which actually isn't that bad, for various reasons), so I'll have a little bit of time to help.  I should also mention that this is not to be viewed as an unseemly attempt to grab credit for the idea.

Anonymous37.

Anonymous37

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:17:12 PM »
I just bought myself a copy of the 3 albums (In Excelsior Dayglo on vinyl and Ultraprophets and Vortex on CD). 

However, there isn't much in the way of supply out there for everyone else.  And the b-sides, like their version of "When Men Were Trains", don't seem to be for sale by anyone.  So it'd be my hope that a reissue would have a bunch of bonus tracks in it.

Stanley

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
Well, these are certainly exciting potential developments to read about!

Stanley

• Policemans heel