Author Topic: Tom's Commercials Thread!  (Read 3706 times)

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
Tom's Commercials Thread!
« on: July 18, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »
Haven't seen a thread for the TV spots Tom has done, so I figured I'd start one. This page is updated whenever a new commercial he's directed has been released. That page also shows his other directorial releases, including the music videos and the Hodgman book trailer.

So far he's done State Farm, Hary's, and the latest is a Heineken spot with Neil Patrick Harris.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Tom's Commercials Thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:21:41 AM »
He directed a Barnes & Noble commercial that aired during November/December 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyK7987wPHA.

You can find some of Tom's other directorial work at the Production Company Productions website.

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:31:59 AM »
He directed a Barnes & Noble commercial that aired during November/December 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyK7987wPHA.

You can find some of Tom's other directorial work at the Production Company Productions website.

Did not know this was one of Tom's! Cheers for the link. I remember seeing it air all the time.

Also I found a behind-the-scenes for the Heineken ad and ran into someone we know.

Stanley

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »
Also I found a behind-the-scenes for the Heineken ad and ran into someone we know.
[/quote]

in a warner bros/looney tunes cartoon directorial voice "...Bring in the double!"

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
Loved the play on the "drink beer, don't drink beer" paradox.

As well as the fourth wall looking kind of wobbly.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:26:21 AM »
The Heineken ad campaign is ALL OVER my Twitter feed as the sponsored Tweets. I see them every time I check Twitter on the mobile app. Always a link to one of Tom's NPH spots. It's getting great TV airtime too.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
I had to walk past an advertising class at my University the other day and I swear I heard the teacher say, "Okay, now we're going to watch this ad that cleverly mocks laws against drinking in commercials."

So...Tom's commercial being used in classes?