Author Topic: ALPHA PAPA  (Read 10259 times)

Josh

• Space Champion!
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: ALPHA PAPA
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
Today's the big day. The world's eyes are fixed on Norwich!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
First review! And it's good!

Crusherkc

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
FOT message board EXCLUSIVE:

Meet the future King Alan I

PS: This is good to hear-

"The characters, storyline and backdrop are resolutely British, with the film self-consciously making no concessions to ‘open up’ to American or international audiences"
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »
^^added a like to the Variety review^^

There was a Terry's Chocolate Orange with superficial damage on every chair at the premiere.

"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »
Me and a chum will be driving, shoeless and all toberleroned up to Dundee to watch tonight.

Cannae wait.

Actually, we won't be driving, shoeless or in Dundee.

We will walk, down to our local cinema fully shod.  I might have a Toblerone though.

I'll let you know tomorrow what it was like.

The film, not the Toblerone - they're pretty bog-standard.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:51 AM »
Finally got to see it last night and enjoyed it thoroughly.  I've heard a couple of moans but the film stands on it's own instead of other tv-to-cinema leaps where you just wind up with three episodes bolted together (I'm looking at you Simpsons Movie).

It has more of a Mid-Morning Matters feel to it but that's where Alan is now isn't he?

A good atmos in the cinema where the audience was 99% men my age (I'm not mid forties! I'm 42 you cheeky sod) and the laughter went round the room a good few times.

A good night out.  I also think it'll be a good film to watch again when it comes out on Doovde. 

Good appearances from Dave Clifton and Michael the Geordie too.

Yes, all in all good.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
Pretty wound up today aren't you, Josh?

Feelin' good, brother. You?
Currently. Worn out. Thanks for asking.
Best of luck. Just getting over strep throat and very busy with work, the little one, and a pregnant wife. Enjoying the respite provided by the FOT Forum.

You all are having another baby? Congrats!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »
'Alan Partridge' set for US distribution in 2014 through Magnolia Pictures.

It is also showing at the New York Film Festival on Sept. 28 and Oct. 7 at Alice Tully Hall. Tickets go on sale to the general public Sept. 8.

You all are having another baby? Congrats!
Thanks, Steve. We've got a due date of Feb. 11 but expect it to come earlier since the last one was about 4 weeks early.

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
~ NOW STREAMING ON NETFLIX INSTANT ~

Stanley

• Policemans heel
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
~ NOW STREAMING ON NETFLIX INSTANT ~

Woo-hoo!  Thanks for the update!

Crusherkc

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 07:32:23 PM »
Striker!  Thanks for the info.  I heard "Jet" come on the radio today and it reminded me of Alan.