Author Topic: Inherent Vice  (Read 3587 times)

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Inherent Vice
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZfs22E7JmI

I read everything by Pynchon up through the first ten pages of Mason & Dixon. I think I gotta get back on board.

InspectorHound

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Inherent Vice
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »
Inherent Vice is great and you can get through it quickly. Definitely worth a read before December.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:03 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZfs22E7JmI

I read everything by Pynchon up through the first ten pages of Mason & Dixon. I think I gotta get back on board.

I am a Pynchon fanboy but couldn't warm up to M&D...I may try again in a few years

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »
I bet Pynchon is in the background during the pizza party (1:07). I think it's the guy standing in the way back on the right.
See God, Kai

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 09:44:01 PM »
I bet Pynchon is in the background during the pizza party (1:07). I think it's the guy standing in the way back on the right.

I cant remember where I read it, but I remember reading a thing about Pynchon attending the release party for The Monkees Head when it came out.

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:46:24 AM »
I watched it again and after 20 seconds I thought, "Oh, this is just The Big Lebowski." But I guess they're both drawing on the same sources, so I don't really have a problem with that.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 02:29:19 AM »
They shot part of it in the place I worked last year.  I took some pictures of all the old cars they used -- if I can find them, I'll post them.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.