Author Topic: First couple of episodes?  (Read 2809 times)

halphillips

• Policemans heel
First couple of episodes?
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:25:48 AM »
Is there any place I can listen to the first couple of episodes? I want to check out early episodes and I've found others, but I can't find the first two (10/10/00 and 10/17/00).

Thanks! (And apologies if this is an all-too-frequently-asked question; I looked around, but couldn't track down an answer.)

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
Re: First couple of episodes?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:04 PM »
Post on the board more, eventually you'll reach the treasure trove that is the "Downloads" thread. After that, they should be easy to track down.
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
You need to get to 50 posts to see that sub-forum. In the New People sub-forum, there is a post burning thread to get your total up more quickly.

halphillips

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:20:50 PM »
Thanks! Post #2, all burnt up.

D.JGeorge

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:35:03 PM »
50 posts aye?

Raika

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »
Did the mostly music show he did prior to the best show ever get saved in any way too?

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
Did the mostly music show he did prior to the best show ever get saved in any way too?

Believe me, if they were, I would've been salivating over them a long time ago.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
The two pieces that are out there from that period are "Rock, Rot and Rule," and "Conventions, Inc." On the latter, the only version we have gets cut off at the end, much to my archivist's heart's frustration.

Some of the things on the new CD are of indefinite origin right now - the "Jay and Paul in the Studio" piece being the most interesting to me. Also, "The 80s are Back" seems to be a call-in to Terre T's show.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

halphillips

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »
So I've managed to track down those first two episodes, but there seem to be some early episodes that are completely lost. The 12/12/00 episode is seemingly nowhere to be found, and I think 1/9/01 and 1/23/01 are in the same boat. I found some old threads about lost episodes and I'm pretty sure those episodes are completely lost (due to having excerpts on the Chain Fights CD), but I'm hoping maybe they're somehow out there somewhere for me to listen to.

I started listening from the beginning because I'd heard good things and because I'm a completist, but I'm still in 2000 and I've already fallen way more in love with the show than I ever expected. I hate the idea of missing episodes, especially ones with segments that were good enough to make the CD, and I'd really love to hear them. I'd even pay for them! That's true love.

(Haven't burnt my way up to 50 posts to get to the downloads forum because I'm not much of a message board guy these days, but if they're on there, I'll do it. I'm so on board that I'm already envisioning a Hot Rockin' Ronnie costume for Halloween next year.)

Confectionery

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »
So I've managed to track down those first two episodes, but there seem to be some early episodes that are completely lost. The 12/12/00 episode is seemingly nowhere to be found, and I think 1/9/01 and 1/23/01 are in the same boat. I found some old threads about lost episodes and I'm pretty sure those episodes are completely lost (due to having excerpts on the Chain Fights CD), but I'm hoping maybe they're somehow out there somewhere for me to listen to.

I started listening from the beginning because I'd heard good things and because I'm a completist, but I'm still in 2000 and I've already fallen way more in love with the show than I ever expected. I hate the idea of missing episodes, especially ones with segments that were good enough to make the CD, and I'd really love to hear them. I'd even pay for them! That's true love.

(Haven't burnt my way up to 50 posts to get to the downloads forum because I'm not much of a message board guy these days, but if they're on there, I'll do it. I'm so on board that I'm already envisioning a Hot Rockin' Ronnie costume for Halloween next year.)

If you're a completist then you definitely need to get your posts up and get yourself into the Downloads section.

hk11

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 12:06:53 PM »
On the way to doing that too - oh, what mysteries will be found. Exciting, ain't it??!!?!?

The early episodes are interesting - i love the Jon Benjamin and Matt Walsh (i think) football fans bit - that was amazing, and only the 2nd or 3rd show.

halphillips

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
On the way to doing that too - oh, what mysteries will be found. Exciting, ain't it??!!?!?

The early episodes are interesting - i love the Jon Benjamin and Matt Walsh (i think) football fans bit - that was amazing, and only the 2nd or 3rd show.

They were actually Yankees and Mets fans, but yeah, that was great.

hk11

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Sorry, i'm English, so i have the ability to confuse US sports (i did call American football, football, tho).

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 02:10:34 AM »
I thought the downloads thread was a thing of the distant past. I'm a long-time lurker. Thanks for the clue.
That's just the tip of the ice cube.