Author Topic: FOT moving from Milwaukee to Austin  (Read 851 times)

Njschurk

• Plantar Fasciitis
FOT moving from Milwaukee to Austin
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
At the end of October I'll be leaving Milwaukee, my home of almost 10 years, to move to Austin. While I couldn't be more excited, I'm also realizing now that I'm going to be starting from scratch in terms of everything. My girlfriend is staying in Milwaukee for about another month to finish grad school, and the only people I know in Austin are My brother and Sister-in-law and one casual acquaintance who just move there recently. These are some fine folks whose company I enjoy, but the ven diagram of our shared interests is pretty underwhelming.

So to be blunt, I'm asking for help with one of two things:
1. Suggestions for places to go, bands to see, etc. during the first few weeks while I'm trying to figure stuff out. I'm already a huge fan of A Giant Dog, and I've been to Spiderhouse, Hotel Vegas, and a lot of the places on east 6th street and had a blast. Not sure if that provides a road map for the kind of stuff I'm looking for, but it's the best I can do for now.
2. Kind hearted people who might be willing to meet up with a Midwest transplant for a drink, a show, whatever so I don't feel quite so much like an orphan when I get to town. I've met plenty of FOT in my travels who I consider good friends (and could maybe provide references that I'm not a complete weirdo...), so I know that I click pretty quickly with other Best Show fans.